“Good hotel, okay location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites Springfield

TownePlace Suites Springfield
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good hotel, okay location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

My stay here was good, no complaints with hotel other than I wish they had an option for a king bed but I knew they did not when I booked the room. The kitchenette had what you needed and was clean. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. I have never been to the Springfield area before so I did not know what to expect, I hoped for more choices for healthy eating or nicer restaurants but there are the usually fast food places and a grocery store close by if you want to walk to somewhere.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Peeples15
Shanda J, Manager at TownePlace Suites Springfield, responded to this review, February 3, 2016

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Space Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

I was completely surprised at how much I enjoyed my stay here. I was a little nervous as I have never stayed at a townplace suites but was.pleasantly surprised. I had a two bedroom suite and had everything I needed. Full kitchen, hot breakfast, Paul Mitchell shampoo and.conditioner was a nice touch. Plenty of TVs and close to a ton of restaurants and shops. It was great. A special thanks to the staff for being over the top and just a joy to speak to.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank E T

Thank you for your kind words. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon!
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

It's right off I-95 and only minutes from DC, so you can't really beat the location. It is a bit tricky to find it once you get off the interstate though. Ample parking, and lots of restaurants and shops are near. I have to say, the front desk staff was the FRIENDLIEST staff I've EVER encountered. They were energetic, polite and knowledgeable. Great breakfast in the morning and an abundance of stuff in their "market", although it's a bit pricy ($2 for a bottle of soda). Rooms are spacious as all of them are suites. I had a studio suite which was great. It had a pull out sofa, flat screen TV and kitchenette. Nice toiletries, cooking utensils, nice desk, 24 hour business station and workout room. All this for under $85.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ProfessorCool

Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We stayed here over the last weekend in June for the Canada Day weekend. This was our second visit with the Towneplace Suites Springfield.

The visit got off to a great start where we were warmly greeted by the front desk.

Off to the room, we were happy to see that our request for the extra rollaway bed was met. Our girls have grown so much since the last visit and the sofabed is on the small side, I would say its a small double/full sized bed.

Since we didn't get to grill last time due to the propane shortage, we checked this time to make sure the tank was full before purchasing our food for the much anticipated grill fest. Unfortunately that was not to be, due to the power going out (this hotel does not have a generator) from Friday-Saturday our food was spoiled before we got the chance to grill it :(

The girls and I took the storm in stride, the hotel breakfast on Saturday morning was basically non-existent, however the ice-cream offered by the hotel more than made up for the lack of breakfast, for the girls anyway :)

There was also a heat wave this weekend, so the pool, although on the smallish side provided a welcome cool respite and the girls made new friends and shared their pool toys with all. The hotel also had water noodles for use.

The hotel was very responsive to our concerns and addressed our issues within a timely fashion. I was very satisfied and impressed with how staff handled themselves during this time.

My only continuing gripe with this hotel is the lack of shuttle service, all of the other neighboring hotels provide this service to the Springfield metro, not sure why this Towneplace Suites doesn't. If you will be relying on the DC metro to get around this may not be the place for you or be prepared to factor in the taxi fare. There is a bus stop outside of the hotel to the metro however if you're a group of four or more it works out to the same price in cab fare.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank CaramelCocoDrop
Wilmington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The hotel is just off the highway about 1.5 miles from the metro station. It is immaculate as Marriott goes and their breakfast was very nice. Convenient to many restaurants nearby, some within walking distance. The suite large big living room, nic size bedroom, great kitchen with range and dishwasher.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Garytraveller
Conestoga, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed here 4 nights in August 2012 because of his job change. The room and staff were both fine, however, since it is a pet friendly hotel, beware of fleas, especially in the sleeper sofa. I got bitten up during my stay (by fleas, probably not bed bugs) and the hotel refused to acknowledge any responsibility. And it took Marriott's claim service almost 2 months to decide in THEIR favor. I was very disappointed in this link of the Marriott brand chain. First time I ever received this kind of treatment. Just beware!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

My husband and I were in the area - him for work & me as a tag-along for an impromptu trip to the DC area. We were in a studio room, and it was very nice.

The Good: The room was decorated nicely and was comfortable. The mini-kitchen was fantastic & includes a sink, refrigerator, dishwasher, stove, microwave, coffee pot, cupboards and a selection of dishes & other household items. The desk was large enough for doing work on & the TV swung either to face the sofa or the bed. It was clean & quiet. The staff were reasonably pleasant. The washers & dryers are a nice addition for people staying for awhile (they are coin-operated). The hotel is within a few blocks of a couple of strip malls that have restaurants and stores.

The Not-As-Good: The pool is outdoors & closes on Labor Day. I think they could be open a little longer, it is still hot down in Virginia in early September & I would've liked to be able to hang out by the pool. I was also disappointed to discover that there was no shuttle to the metro. It's a service I think the hotel should consider providing. I solved this by taking a cab to the shuttle (approx. $10 one-way in the middle of the day with no traffic) and then taking the bus back. If it works into your schedule, the bus is only $1.80 and is 1 stop away from the hotel. The bus stop is across the road.Take 321 to the metro station & 322 back. If the hotel isn't going to offer a shuttle in the future, they should consider having the bus schedule available for people if they are interested. If you have a car, obviously just drive to the metro & it's an easy ride to attractions in the city. The staff wasn't too friendly when we requested a late checkout, but they did end up giving us 45 minutes (why not make it a round hour?) - we ended up checking out only 10-15 minutes after the regular checkout, anyway.

Also, there is food nearby - Mike's American, a Mexican place, a Thai place in the shopping plaza, Dunkin across the road. So, that was convenient as well for nights when we didn't want to venture too far.

Room Tip: The basement floor had a bit of a strange smell in the hall, but there was none of that on the highe...