“Graduation2011” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Toronto
“Graduation2011”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

We stayed here over four nights due to the close proximity to my fiance's graduation ceremony last summer.

We booked the one bedroom suite and had our girls sleep on the pull-out couch in the living room. We made good use of the pool (a little on the small side) and the girls were pretty good about sharing their water toys with the other kids in the pool. Unfortunately, the BBQ was out of gas--which we did not discover until we had lugged all the food for the feast downstairs so we did not get a chance to BBQ on this visit.

This hotel is not too far from the Springfield metro, however there is no shuttle service provided by the hotel which would be an excellent comp service that this hotel should provide. As the bus service is unreliable in the area we spent quite a bit on taking a taxi to and from the metro and to the grocery store during our stay.

About the room--there was enough room for two adults and three small girls all under age 8, the room had a full sized fridge and small stove plus dishwasher. Bathroom was spacious and clean, Overall the room was very clean and furnished in style of the TownePlace Suites brand. The breakfast buffet was adequate.

There was a sale the weekend that we booked on marriott.com so we got good value for what we paid. However, due to the lack of shuttle service, I would probably not stay here on a regularly priced tag.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Shanda J, Manager at TownePlace Suites Springfield, responded to this review, February 3, 2016
Thank you for your kind words. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

We stayed here with our grandson April 12th - 13th. The trip was a surprise "Spring Break" getaway. As a Marriott Rewards member, I used my points and was expecting to get exactly what I asked for, a room for my husband and I with a sleep-sofa for the grandson. We were pleasantly surprised to find ourselves upgraded to a 2-bedroom suite. My grandson was signficantly impressed (and so were we)!

The facility was very clean and the continental breakfast was perfect for our needs. Great site for launching a trip to the National Zoo and a quick jaunt to Six Flags in Maryland.

Yet another reason for being a loyal Marriott customer.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Linda23238
Thank you for your feedback.We strive to provide a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for all and I'm happy to read you felt comfortable and enjoyed our services during your time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

My husband and I visited the DC area recently and spent 6 of our 8 nights at this hotel. It was just okay. The staff could have been friendlier (with the exception of the desk clerk the day I checked out..of course), the breakfast could have been better (there were mostly breads, cereals and some yogurts..apples for the fresh fruit choice), and the maid service could have been better (one day there was NO cleaning at all, and we were usually gone just after breakfast for MOST of the day- sight-seeing); the room was plenty big enough for the two of us (a queen bed with a nice little sitting area..the ONE thing I thought was very strange, there was only ONE mirror. It was above the very small bathroom counter. NO mirrors anywhere else in the suite..I ended up buying a small mirror to use at the desk in the morning for make-up so that my husband and I could get ready at the same time..and there was no full-length mirror...I don't think I've ever been to a Marriott property that didn't have multiple mirrors in the rooms.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tvee62
Beavercreek, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

I stayed 3 nights for business. I didn't realize it was a pet-friendly hotel until I checked in. I asked if pets were allowed on all the floors, and the hostess said yes. I asked for a quiet room. I only heard dogs barking a few times, but my room smelled as though pet odor had been covered up by Febreeze or something. The carpet is necessarily industrial grade (so they can be cleaned after pet mis-haps, I assume). The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The bathroom is somewhat small and towels are just okay (one was see-through threadbare). The rooms are "refreshed" daily with clean towels and amenities; however, your basin, tub, floors, etc are cleaned only once weekly. The continental breakfast was very good, though the small breakfast room filled up very quickly. That was only a small inconvenience since there is a kitchenette in the room (I took my tea and oatmeal up to my room to warm and eat).
I think this would be a great place for families with pets, but not so much for business travelers. My recommendation to the hotel management: maybe you could make the 4th floor pet-free for business travelers who need a quiet place to work & rest.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the dogs.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank CatherineR270
Shanda J, Owner at TownePlace Suites Springfield, responded to this review, February 3, 2016
Roanoke, Va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

Overall great place to stay! Very close to Springfield Mall

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Vanesa S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Springfield, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your most recent stay at our property.
We look forward to welcoming you back any time.
Brighton, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

I stayed here one night on business. The workout room had good equipment (Precor elliptical, treadmill, etc) with a TV. There were at least 3 each of washers and dryers in the laundry room (required change). After my colleague and I got back from dinner, there were warm cookies waiting for us in the lobby. The receptionist was helpful and friendly. The room itself (a single) was clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast was pretty typical (yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, juice).

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank vanitysvial
Thank you for taking the time to share your comment. We are happy that it was an ejoyable on while you were here on business.
We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the area.
DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

We used the Suites as our "base camp" for six weeks during the summer of 2011. For an extended stay and convenience in Northern Virginia it isn't the worst place to choose, though there are a lot of other options that I might exlplore if we had a long term temporary residence need again.

Cons:
Housekeeping wasn't very helpful, we often had to ask for service and even then the service was questionable.
There were a lot of long term residents, essentially living there, and if you wanted to use the barbecue grill or the swimming pool the chance of doing so successfully was slim to none as the long-term guests had essentially taken that common area of the suites over.
Breakfast was not refreshed - if you weren't down at breakfast early, you might miss out.

Pros:
Super convenient to the highway and easy access to all of the greater DC metro area.
Room rate fell within reimbursable government rate.
The mini kitchen worked out with a full size oven/stove/fridge/dishwasher.
Mike's American Grill is right around the corner. Dunkin Donuts is across the street. There is a full service salon next door. Trader Joe's is convenient.
Laundry facility on site - always functioning. Decent gym.

The reception staff and management were responsive. There is a small "convenience" item store at reception that was well stocked.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank tennismomma
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
While I am happy to hear the desk staff was great during your stay I am sorry we fell short in some other areas. We are happy to address them and again I thank you for sharing!
We wish we can have one more opportunity to serve as hosts again should you travel to the Springfield area again.