“Nice Improvements!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Monroe, North Carolina, United States
“Nice Improvements!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This place has made nice improvements since they renovated their rooms. It used to be a dump but they put new floors, beds and nice flat screen TV's in their rooms. Close to restaurants and right off the interstate. We have stayed here three times since they renovated.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Michelle F
Mary G, General Manager at Motel 6 Washington DC SW-Springfield, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. Yes you are right -- nice improvements.
Hotel General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Ocean View, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I was driving from north carolina and stopped to see my daughter in law who was taking a class in DC to take her out to dinner. But I had no wear for my travling dog to stay as it was much too hot to leave in the car. I picked this motel because it listed "pet friendly" The total price for one night visit was $76.40 tax included. They did not charge an extra fee for the dog which is unheard of. It was such a pleasant relaxing feeling to walk into a clean and cool room after driving. Yes there were not special amenities, but the room was awesome for the price I paid.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank ghennie
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. Your comments were greatly appreciated.
Cork, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here the other night for convenience to the City and we were greeted with banging above our head at 5.30pm on complaining to the front desk we were told that they would be finished at 6.30pm and would start up again at 8.30am. We requested that they move us to another room and not to rent that room to anyone as the noise was just unbelievable.
That room on the ground floor was just as bad broken window smelly carpet and a service man who burst into the room to view the window while I was trying to change. The AC moaned loudly so we had to turn it off
During the night we were treated to a dog howling in the room next door...I kid you not.
We left the place the following morning after the receptionist refunded us half our money....STAY out of this place.....

Room Tip: Do Not Stay Here
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Colleenbaid
Springfield, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I had to stay in the least expensive hotel I could find around here for 2 nights and it was this place. I can't say that it was a bad choice or a regrettable experience, but Do Not expect anything extra from this place...
WiFi costs you extra and no breakfast what-so-ever so add those to your expenses, no shampoo in the bathroom so wash your hair with soap or bring your own stuff, no fridge, no frills... And I have to agree with one of the previous reviewers that the place simply smelled weird, kind of a mix between old food/ mold, mildew/ smoke and pets. NOT FAMILY FREINDLY unless you want to "save" a few bucks.
All depends on what you're looking for... Truckers and cruisers will be just fine here, families or folks looking for just that little bit extra that makes a stay comfortable should consider another location. There are times when staying a bit outside of the city have their strong points.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing "west" or away from the interstate, makes a big difference in noise...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Wewahitchka, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Only one good thing is that they accept pets with no fee, but the room had feces in the carpet and stained bad. No amenities in the room and had to pay daily for WiFi.If you need a microwave its downstairs and coffee in the a.m. only. Don't expect a bagel. Beds are real old, sag and you feel the springs. Motel had an overall smell of stale food, rude desk clerks, and the maid service, well lets just say bring your own sheets. I had asked for room to be cleaned on two different days both days I came back around 2 and the rooms were not clean. One of those occasions they told me housekeeping has left for the day and I would have to come swap towels. Location hard to get to but is located near many restaurants and shops. Many trips to the DC area to come but I will NOT be staying at a Motel 6.

Room Tip: To get a good room, stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Osage Beach, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Got to DC for work and our truck couldn't get permits to leave so we had to stay here a few nights. I was thinking it was going to be a pretty scary place. Almost under the freeway and what not. But it was a nice hotel. Accepted pets with no pet fee. Which motel 6 and la quinta don't have pet fees. Which is nice. Had the Fourth floor and thought we were going to get a pet room considering we had one. Which always makes me nervous because I've been in some pretty scary once. But nope. This was a nice clean room small bathroom but still nice. I enjoyed my stay here and would stay again if ever in the DC area!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

An old friend's band was playing at a bar in Springfield and I saw this Motel 6, which was located less than 100 yards from the venue. I had never really stayed at a Motel 6 before and my expectations were not terribly high. Fortunately, my expectations were met.

Yes, you WILL need to employ your GPS to find your way there (and out) if you don't know the area. This part of Springfield is intertwined with all sorts of interesting roads and access to the interstate. The place was tired-looking but reasonably clean. I had no problems sleeping in the bed. I was disappointed in being handed a blank form at check-in and being asked to repeat all of my address and other details that had been provided in the online reservation. We have computers nowadays to help with that sort of thing.

Overall, if you are looking for an inexpensive no-frills hotel in this area, this is not a bad choice.

Room Tip: Probably don't want to face the interstate
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
Mary G, General Manager at Motel 6 Washington DC SW-Springfield, responded to this review, November 4, 2014
We have completed our renovations and look forward to your return.