“You get what you pay for”

Motel 6 Washington DC SW-Springfield
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed March 2, 2012

We stayed in Motel 6 in Springfield VA (just south of Washington DC) and although it was clean that's all we can say about it -

Negatives:

-had to pay for WI-FI ($3/day)
-no clock
-left comment sheet but no pen to write with
-telephone didn't work for local phone calls
-cigarette burns in the bedspread
-rips (holes) in the carpet
-no phone book on the room
-furniture was marred (scratched so not pleasing to look at)
-one chair to sit in (two in our party)
-no kleenex
-no shampoo

It was cheaper than other motels in the area, so as indicated YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Barbara S
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Washington DC SW-Springfield

Reviewed January 13, 2012

Shower didn't heat up for have half an hour, bathroom floods. Customer service incopedent. Maids walked in on me everyday. Due to the lack of English, don't come in obviously didn't mean anything. There was a leak in the ceiling, and they wanted me to stay there so maintaince could fix it. The bed and floor were drenched. I was in a king size smoking room, they wanted to put me and my husband in a room with two twin beds. Come to find out they just needed to clean a room to acomadate me. someone was stabbed during our stay, clean up took hours. And the day before it was time to check out someone opened my door while I was in the nude to ask if I checked out today.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Blutigekusse23
Reviewed November 29, 2011

A while ago, I wrote a review about this motel. It was not a very nice one, but certainly a deserving one. I talked about the things that go on such as drug dealings and usage, prostitution, etc. I hope that I have prevented some respectful families from lodging in this nasty motel.
Just a few days ago, after almost one year, I decided to pay another visit, hoping for some improvements.To my surprise---NOT, things had gone from bad to ugly. The hallways still smelled like every one was smoking weed, the place dirty as hell, no amenities still, had to pay $3 for 24 hours of wifi, I found a huge blood stain on the comforter, and as I was leaving my room to go to the store, I was approached by Fairfax police in pursuit of a fugitive whose car was spotted in the motel's parking. I can go on and on about this place, but I suggest that you guys go ahead and read my previous review, and please pay a little extra and lodge somewhere else, you'll be happy you did.

God bless and happy vacationing.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank call_m_the_way_i_c_m
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Stayed there one night October 29, 2011. Horrible experience. Internet not working , mouse traps in every corner of the room and... scattered penauts around the perimeters of the room in an attempt to entice the mice. Never have I experienced such a disgusting time. Shut it down, bulldoze it and rebuild it again, would be the only option for it to get fixed. . Avoid it no matter how cheap..

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank aaholidays
Reviewed August 14, 2011

The location is convenient in some ways, right off main roads, but the neighborhood itself is very gritty. There's a Subway a block away, but not much else for walkable meal choices.

Front desk staff was very cheerful and friendly, always a big point for me. Elevators could have been lots cleaner, and there was a strong smell of smoke in one of them. Room itself was clean and comfortable, about average for a Motel 6. There was a noticeable odor in the hall near the elevators, not necessarily unpleasant, but just out-of-the-ordinary. I never did figure out what it was.

They charge for wifi, which in my experience is unusual for a motel in this price range. Otherwise, the price is right for the area and the facilities.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank cjsalexva
Reviewed June 25, 2011

I pushed through Washington DC during lunchtime rush hour.

This was my third day of travel. Traffic didn't let up as the day progressed… there was no way that I was going to continue on to my destination.

I decided to stop for the night, with plans to complete my trip the next day.

I pulled off Highway 95 South, and entered the exit ramp into Springfield, VA. Motel 6 was right there.

I pulled in and parked near the lobby. I grabbed my assault pack and laptop bag out and walked in.

A receptionist greeted me; I asked if they had a room available. He replied by asking if I wanted smoking or non-smoking. He also asked me if I had others with me, I said, "No."

He handed me a form and asked me to fill it with my information.

The main receptionist had to take care of something, but there were two others behind the counter. I asked if I could go out to my car and get information that the form needed.

I came back with the information, and completed the form. A female receptionist completed my check in. She printed an invoice showing what I paid, activated my keys, then handed them to me. I went to my room.

A mini hallway greeted me as I opened the door.

The bathroom was on the right side. The counter's granite like appearance made it look like a still, body of water. The bucket and plastic cups sat on top of the counter, with their reflections hanging "under" the counter's surface.

An oval shaped mirror hung above the sink area.

The toilet sat at the end of the room, with towels hanging off a towel rack right above it. A fresh roll of toilet paper hung on the toilet paper roll, hanging off the edge of the sink counter. Another roll sat on top of the toilet bowl's tank, wrapped and ready to replace the roll on the counter.

The bathtub and shower didn't look like your normal bathtub. The drain didn't sit beneath the shower head, it sat in the middle of the tub, on the side closest to the toilet bowl.

A tall, dark beige tower dresser stood at the end of the hall, carrying a television. A game control rested on top of the television. The business desk shot out from the wall.

The room's mirror was mounted on the wall, above the business desk.

The air conditioning unit sat toward the far end, under the blue and read streaked window curtain. I ran to the air conditioning unit, and turned it on. I placed my assault pack and laptop bag on top of one of the beds.

A blue chair sat in the corner.

A mounted night stand separated the two beds. It had the phone, a TV control, and channel menu on the top, and a phone book on the second level.

A picture hung over the night stand, flanked on both sides by reading lamps hanging over each bed's headboard.

I went to my car and grabbed the rest of my belongings, and brought them to the room.

I took a shower and got refreshed, then set my laptop up to test the internet. Motel 6, Springfield VA, had internet, but you had to select a payment plan.

I powered my computer down and headed to dinner.

I went to a place called, "Moe's Peyton Place," and had their specialty hamburger with fries. I thought, "A 'Moe's' in Springfield!"

I returned to the motel and went to sleep.

I got up in the morning and did personal hygiene. Everything in the bathroom worked the way they were supposed to work.

I got ready for the day, my last day of traveling, and loaded my bags into the car. I checked out with the receptionist, who wanted to know if I wanted another printout. I said, "Yes," received it from the receptionist, then headed to my car.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank thebesig
Reviewed October 13, 2010

The room was very nice. Nothing spectacular, but the beds were nice and the bathroom was very clean. My brother and I were looking for a hotel for one night so we would be close to D.C. and it was very close. The problem is that it gets to be very noisy in the hallways and outside in the parking lot at night. If this is something you can deal with then this hotel and the price will be great for you. If not, then look elsewhere. I am not all that picky, so this worked for the one night.

Positives: Location to D.C., clean, nice beds
Negatives: Loud in the evening hours, area it was in was not the best, had to pay for internet

• Stayed: October 2010