“Frequent Stayer” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Richmond, Virginia
“Frequent Stayer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

The company I work for has a subsidiary near this Courtyard. When in town we have stayed at this hotel fifteen or more nights per year over twelve years. Since the renovation several years ago, this facility went from mediocre to great for the value.

The rooms are well appointed and always clean. The common areas are well maintained but, due to heavy use, wears fast.

The food service changed with the renovation to a kiosk style food center. While this is not a JW, the food is good, hot, fast and works for the value.

The location is amazing, not for the view, for the access. In and around DC getting to a place by car can be challenging no matter what. In two turns you can get to 95 north or south, 495 and 395. You cannot top this.

The staff, from front desk to housekeeping, are simply great. Friendly and attentive.

Give this place a try.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Springfield_CY_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for the wonderful comments. It's our pleasure to have you stay with us. We look forward to continuing accommodating your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Arabic first
Annandale, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

While having some construction done on my home, I stayed locally at this Courtyard facility. My primary goal was to stay at an ADA compliant hotel, but I ended up getting resort treatment during my two-night stay. The rooms were posh, well-appointed and clean in addition to being fully accessible. The Bistro menu choices, were good and quickly delivered. The staff was excellent, and made you feel as if you were the most important guest there. Diane at the front desk was the best face of the facility...elegant, professional, and helpful. I cannot say enough good things about this property.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side (away from the highway) are quieter but the insulated drapes went a long way...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank C W
Springfield_CY_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us. It was a pleasure having you at our property. I am glad our staff was able to accommodate your needs. I will make sure to share your wonderful comments with them. We look forward to accommodating your stay in the future.

Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed here for three nights while visiting family in Alexandria. The hotel is nice enough, with a bar and cafe in the lobby which is open sometimes. The room was quite large and comfortable, with a king sized bed, small couch, coffee table, desk, and TV. I would go so far as to call it almost luxurious. The only thing I didn't like was being on the ground floor and having cars park right outside my window, but the room had a blackout shade which I kept drawn any time I was in there. There was also a gym and a small pool. You could only use the pool if the lifeguard was on duty, but I should mention that the pool and hot tub were both completely ADA compliant; they had some kind of mechanical chairs that would raise and lower a handicapped person into and out of the pool and hot tub, which I thought was really thoughtful. I didn't use any of the amenities, but I did partake of the free coffee, offered all day as far as I could tell, and my room rate also came with a free breakfast for two which was a nice way to start the day. The lobby area was spacious, which gave us a convenient place to meet up with family. At some point during my stay, my mother brought my nieces over to the hotel pool to swim for a bit, which nobody at the hotel complained about. The cleanliness and spaciousness of the room made for a very comfortable stay, and we got it all for a very reasonable rate. Parking was free.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Springfield_CY_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to accommodating your stay next time you are in the Springfield VA area.
Carlisle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Had a pleasant stay July 4th after viewing the fireworks in DC. It was very quiet and clean for the most part and the location was great and it was good bang for the buck on the 4th, no pun intended. The only reasons that I didn't give it 5 stars was it was a very hot holiday and would have liked working ice machine on my floor and/or a frig in the room to keep cold drinks. I would stay again but recommend bringing in your own cooler with ice for convenience if you like a cold water during the night. I wouldn't have liked to run down to the lobby for a drink in the middle of the night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Springfield_CY_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us. I am pleased that your overall stay was great . I would like to also apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us with the ice machine. Unfortunately, we did have the ice machine go down that day. Our staff was able to solve the problem and is now working perfectly. In the future, do not hesitate to let us know if we can assist you in bringing up some ice for you. We understand the inconvenience and want to make sure we accommodate as best as possible.

I thank you again for staying with us and look forward to accommodating your stay in the future.
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was traveling on business in the Alexandria area coming from Bethesda MD. I arrived late & the hotel concierge helped me very quickly and I was in my room. The room was quiet & the room was very clean. The bed was comfortable. There was a table, a nice little sofa, and a desk. There was no microwave/mini fridge in the room. Something to keep in mind.

The gym was very nice with nice cardio equipment. Weights were a little bit more minimalistic.

Overall, I'd go back again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to the Springfield area. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our property. In reference to the refrigerator/microwave, I do want to let you know that we do have them available. Do not hesitate to request one while making a reservation or with our front desk staff. We understand how important that amenity is and want to make sure you receive one while you are staying with us.

Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Check in was quick, staff helpful, recommended a brilliant restaurant within 10 mins walking distance. Suited our needs perfectly.

Didn't use the spa or have breakfast on site so chose Average rating as not able to get past that section for some reason.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Springfield_CY_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for staying with us. I thank you for the great comments regarding your stay with us. I hope next time you are in town you visit us and enjoy the additional amenities you were not able to use this stay.

Thank you again and look forward to accommodating your stay in the future.
Mays Landing, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The property was clean and the grounds nicely kept. The front desk employees were friendly, courteous, and very helpful. We had chosen this hotel for it's indoor pool, unfortunately it was extremely small and so over chlorinated that our eyes teared just walking into the pool area. Our room was "tidied" each day but bath room supplies: shampoo, soap, etc. where not left and need to be asked for daily. The bathroom had no exhaust fan- which is kind of unheard of & the bathroom towel racks were cheap and kept falling off the walls. Would probably look for a different hotel if we are in the area again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Esther1262
Springfield_CY_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your recent comments about your stay with us. I am pleased that our staff was able to take care of you. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with our housekeeping department. I will share your comments with the proper managers as well. In the future, do not hesitate to let us know if you have any concerns so we can address them immediately.

I thank you again for staying with us, and hope to accommodate your stay in the future.