“One Night Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Philadelphia
“One Night Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was traveling on business in the Alexandria area coming from Bethesda MD. I arrived late & the hotel concierge helped me very quickly and I was in my room. The room was quiet & the room was very clean. The bed was comfortable. There was a table, a nice little sofa, and a desk. There was no microwave/mini fridge in the room. Something to keep in mind.

The gym was very nice with nice cardio equipment. Weights were a little bit more minimalistic.

Overall, I'd go back again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Springfield_CY_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to the Springfield area. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our property. In reference to the refrigerator/microwave, I do want to let you know that we do have them available. Do not hesitate to request one while making a reservation or with our front desk staff. We understand how important that amenity is and want to make sure you receive one while you are staying with us.

I thank you again for staying with us and look forward to accommodating your stay in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Arabic first
Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Check in was quick, staff helpful, recommended a brilliant restaurant within 10 mins walking distance. Suited our needs perfectly.

Didn't use the spa or have breakfast on site so chose Average rating as not able to get past that section for some reason.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Springfield_CY_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for staying with us. I thank you for the great comments regarding your stay with us. I hope next time you are in town you visit us and enjoy the additional amenities you were not able to use this stay.

Thank you again and look forward to accommodating your stay in the future.
Mays Landing, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The property was clean and the grounds nicely kept. The front desk employees were friendly, courteous, and very helpful. We had chosen this hotel for it's indoor pool, unfortunately it was extremely small and so over chlorinated that our eyes teared just walking into the pool area. Our room was "tidied" each day but bath room supplies: shampoo, soap, etc. where not left and need to be asked for daily. The bathroom had no exhaust fan- which is kind of unheard of & the bathroom towel racks were cheap and kept falling off the walls. Would probably look for a different hotel if we are in the area again.

1 Thank Esther1262
Springfield_CY_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your recent comments about your stay with us. I am pleased that our staff was able to take care of you. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with our housekeeping department. I will share your comments with the proper managers as well. In the future, do not hesitate to let us know if you have any concerns so we can address them immediately.

I thank you again for staying with us, and hope to accommodate your stay in the future.
Union, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

An easy in and out hotel for a quick trip. The bad thing was breakfast. You could not even get near the area in the morning. There were at least a hundred kids around. Must have been some type of event or tour, making it very difficult for adults to walk around. Glad I was on an upper level floor, so I didn't hear any noise. This is a typical no frills Courtyard Hotel. You might find one like it near any airport.

Room Tip: Upper levels away from pool and children
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize for the inconvenience with breakfast. As you mentioned, it was a very busy weekend for us. It was soccer weekend and we had several groups in house. Our breakfast is busy during special events but if it is a group, it tends to be only early in the morning. If you are not in a hurry, I invite you to come by a little later, you will see that our bistro is not as busy. We have a lot of great selections available such as parfaits, fresh food, french toast, starbucks, etc...

I thank you again for staying with us, and look forward to accommodating your stay in the future.
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Front desk was courteous as can be and the standards of the room was excellent and just what we hoped for. Reported to staff that the bedside light system was broken. Will return to this property next time we are in town. This property should be considered for anyone looking for a safe upscale place outside of the brutal hotel rates downtown in DC.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your stay with us. I am pleased that the staff was able to take care of you. I look forward to accommodating your stay in the future.

Danville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed there recently and the rooms were great. The bed was very easy to sleep in. Everything was clean. The staff was pleasant, even fun at times. Starbucks Coffee in the lobby is a real plus. I just wish I had known the hotel does not include breakfast in the price. My fault, should have checked this out first.They have a really fine breakfast menu but it can take a while to place the order if there are several people ahead of you and you will pay on average about $6 - $7 per person. I usually stay in places that have a "free" breakfast buffett so we can get up, eat, and hit the road pretty quick.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us. Your comments are appreciated. I do want to let you know that our hotel does offer rates that include breakfast, it would be our Stay for Breakfast rate. You do place your order with our bistro server and the food is brought to you from our kitchen. At times, if we are busy, there may be a small wait, but it would not be long. If you are in a hurry, we do offer items that are prepared and you can take them with you immediately. I hope you can join us next time you are in town.

I thank you again for staying with us and hope you accommodate your stay in the future.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I like Courtyards. You know what you are going to get and you get it consistently and dependably. For the weary business traveler this is just one less thing to worry about. Always comfortable, clean, and THEY DON'T CHARGE FOR INTERNET ACCESS. (I am using caps so maybe other hotel chains will stop with the nutty charging for Internet. I don't want to give those other chains any ideas but why not just charge $ per toilet flush, per pillow?) But I digress. Great location to get to businesses in the area. Registration was fast and friendly (but not too friendly... what is this a resort?). I suggest you try to get rooms here on Priceline. I paid around $60/night (rack rate was $200+, which is too pricing for a room like this.). The breakfast area was a little weird. You have to go to a counter, make your order and then take a number. Would it kill then to have a wait staff? But that's a nit. Its a very good hotel that does its part to live up to the courtyard brand

Room Tip: Use Priceline to try to get a better rate.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Springfield_CY_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to the Springfield VA area. I am glad we were able to accommodate your needs. We look forward to accommodating your stay in the future.