“Clean and quick for one night”

Courtyard Springfield
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed May 28, 2013

An easy in and out hotel for a quick trip. The bad thing was breakfast. You could not even get near the area in the morning. There were at least a hundred kids around. Must have been some type of event or tour, making it very difficult for adults to walk around. Glad I was on an upper level floor, so I didn't hear any noise. This is a typical no frills Courtyard Hotel. You might find one like it near any airport.

Room Tip: Upper levels away from pool and children
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Springfield_CY_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize for the inconvenience with breakfast. As you mentioned, it was a very busy weekend for us. It was soccer weekend and we had several groups in house. Our breakfast is busy during special events but if it is a group, it tends to be only early in the morning. If you are not in a hurry, I invite you to come by a little later, you will see that our bistro is not as busy. We have a lot of great selections available such as parfaits, fresh food, french toast, starbucks, etc...

I thank you again for staying with us, and look forward to accommodating your stay in the future.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Front desk was courteous as can be and the standards of the room was excellent and just what we hoped for. Reported to staff that the bedside light system was broken. Will return to this property next time we are in town. This property should be considered for anyone looking for a safe upscale place outside of the brutal hotel rates downtown in DC.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your stay with us. I am pleased that the staff was able to take care of you. I look forward to accommodating your stay in the future.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed there recently and the rooms were great. The bed was very easy to sleep in. Everything was clean. The staff was pleasant, even fun at times. Starbucks Coffee in the lobby is a real plus. I just wish I had known the hotel does not include breakfast in the price. My fault, should have checked this out first.They have a really fine breakfast menu but it can take a while to place the order if there are several people ahead of you and you will pay on average about $6 - $7 per person. I usually stay in places that have a "free" breakfast buffett so we can get up, eat, and hit the road pretty quick.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us. Your comments are appreciated. I do want to let you know that our hotel does offer rates that include breakfast, it would be our Stay for Breakfast rate. You do place your order with our bistro server and the food is brought to you from our kitchen. At times, if we are busy, there may be a small wait, but it would not be long. If you are in a hurry, we do offer items that are prepared and you can take them with you immediately. I hope you can join us next time you are in town.

I thank you again for staying with us and hope you accommodate your stay in the future.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I like Courtyards. You know what you are going to get and you get it consistently and dependably. For the weary business traveler this is just one less thing to worry about. Always comfortable, clean, and THEY DON'T CHARGE FOR INTERNET ACCESS. (I am using caps so maybe other hotel chains will stop with the nutty charging for Internet. I don't want to give those other chains any ideas but why not just charge $ per toilet flush, per pillow?) But I digress. Great location to get to businesses in the area. Registration was fast and friendly (but not too friendly... what is this a resort?). I suggest you try to get rooms here on Priceline. I paid around $60/night (rack rate was $200+, which is too pricing for a room like this.). The breakfast area was a little weird. You have to go to a counter, make your order and then take a number. Would it kill then to have a wait staff? But that's a nit. Its a very good hotel that does its part to live up to the courtyard brand

Room Tip: Use Priceline to try to get a better rate.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Springfield_CY_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to the Springfield VA area. I am glad we were able to accommodate your needs. We look forward to accommodating your stay in the future.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel from feb 16th-18th and I was very impressed. While searching for a hotel days prior to our stay I was very skeptical because on some websites this hotel only has 2 stars. The lobby is new and very clean, the staff was amazing, everyone was so friendly. The gentleman that works at the bistro was so nice and he made my starbucks so good! I didn't get a chance to swim in the indoor pool but I did see that it was clean. I stayed in a room with 2 queen beds and 1 bathroom. The room was clean and spacious for our party of 4. We ordered breakfast from the bistro as well as dinner one night and the food was delicious! Parking was complimentary which was great as well!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Springfield_CY_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased we were able to accommodate your stay during your visit to the Springfield area. Your comments are appreciated and I will make sure all Managers as well as staff members are aware of the great experience you had.

Thank you again and we look forward to accommodating your stay in the future.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed here for two nights while up in the Springfield/Alexandria area.

Usual great quality in Courtyard hotels, and in fact this location seemed to be a larger property than others I have stayed at.

The hotel is right near the I-95 and I-495 intersection and brings easy access to businesses in the area. It is also very near restaurants and shopping.

The room rate included breakfast which was a great surprise and on site there is a bar/restaurant that serves very well for night after long day of work, or a working lunch.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jjcoop
Springfield_CY_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. Your feedback is very important to us. The Bistro is the new concept that Courtyard is going to with new food offerings, seasonal food specials, Starbucks, To Go items, and full bar. I am glad you enjoyed our Bistro Experience, specially after a long day at work.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to accommodating your stay in the future.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed here because I needed a hotel close to Fort Belvoir this one fit my needs. Its only a 10-15 minute drive to Ft Belvoir from the hotel. The room was clean, comfortable, and the staff was very nice. Metro station is close to the hotel, facilitating trips into the city for site seeing. Also not far from Potomic Mills so got a little shopping in as well. Additionally, military personnel get breakfast vouchers included and the food was really good. Enjoyed my stay and would stay again. Only negative was the AC/Heater is a little loud....

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stayed with us. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with our ac unit. Your comment is valuable and I will make sure to share and address this with the proper manager and staff members.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to accommodating your stay next time you are in the Springfield Area.