“Well worth taking the trouble to find.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Got a photo?
Add it.
springfield restaurant & pizza
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout
Alexandria, Virginia
“Well worth taking the trouble to find.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

A little out of the way, this is just the sort of friendly no-nonsense family diner that you'll enjoy if you're seeking straightforward meals at reasonable prices - a place where the locals dine and the cops go to take their breaks. There is an unusually varied menu, wine and beer is available, and their pizzas are legendary.

• Visited February 2013

Washington, DC
“A customer of 10 years”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

My family and I stumbled upon Springfield Restaurant and Pizza rather haphazardly when visiting the area about 10 years ago. Navigating around that neighborhood is not the easiest thing in the world for tourists unfamiliar with the area. But I'm glad we found the place; we've been loyal customers ever since.

Springfield Restaurant & Pizzeria is a small family restaurant tucked in a shopping center. Their extensive menu includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and they also serve wine and beer. Though, we almost always go for pizza. And compared to the rest of the area, you can get a fairly good meal at a very reasonable price, especially the pizzas.

I don't think they deliver, but they do have carry out options.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Alexandria, Virginia
“Local diner/restaurant, good prices, lunch buffet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a pretty decent restaurant/diner. Its definitely a local favorite. A bunch of elderlee people go there which is usually a good sign. The prices are good.

Visited June 2013
Virginia
“There isn't enough I can say!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is a place you can easily miss if you don't live around the area and even if you do (like myself) it can still be overlooked but boy am I glad I was just driving for fun one day until i came across it. It's a little hole in the wall place that serves an array of food you'd NEVER imagine. Another thing you may not expect is how good the food is. I was born and raised in NJ so I've been around the best pizzas most of my life but this place is up-to-par! I am SO happy about it too because I've complained for years about there not being a decent pizza joint in Northern, VA (I now know of 2) but the menu is impressive with dishes ranging from Greek food, to Italian food, to comfort food, BBQ, Steaks, Chops, Seafood, just about everything and they are good about customizing things for you with no additional charge.

The staff is the best I've come across, they are warm, open and friendly and they always seem to have a good time actually working there. They seem to have smiles on their faces all the time and they are really helpful. I feel like I am eating amongst family and friends when I come here because the regulars who eat there are also very friendly. It's a nice little place and good for EVERYONE I highly recommend this place.

My personal recommendations:
Chicken tenders
Chili Cheese Fries
Calzone
Steak and Cheese
(anything with grilled chicken in it since it's to die for, it's like a charcoal grilled chicken)
Turkey Reuben (oh my Goodness)
Chocolate Torte
Plain sugar-free cheesecake

Yes it's a lot of recommendations but I've got a list of things to try and those are what I've had so far and I can attest that they are amazing. They also have a breakfast buffet on weekends and lunch buffet during the week! Everything is also very affordable too. This place is phenomenal.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank zellywelly
Virginia
“Friendly and Old Fashion Environment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

The staff at the restaurant are very friendly. This is a seat yourself type of place. The weekend breakfast buffet is limited but okay and it last up to 1:00 pm. We went late about 11:30am and they already had a salad bar buffet set-up next to the breakfast buffet. If you get the drinks, unlimited means 2 refills. My family enjoyed the omelet (Western & Ham/Cheese). My daughter couldn't handle the big pancakes. You will get toast and another side (i.e. fried potatoes, grits, etc.). They have different types of jellies already pre-packaged for guest - this I liked very much. Overall the visit was nice and I'm definitely going back again to try some of the other items.

• Visited January 2013