“Great Family Hotel”

Residence Inn Springfield Old Keene Mill
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
“Great Family Hotel”
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

My family visited Washington, D.C. recently for Spring Break vacation. We chose to stay at the Residence Inn to better manage costs. We chose the Residence Inn in Springfield because of price and location to a train line. The hotel was very nice. The staff was friendly and very helpful, the hallways and rooms were clean, the daily service for our room was great. The best part of the stay was the fact that the hotel offered hot breakfast and nighly Manager Receptions for dinner - all included in the room price. The food was good quality food! The hotel is also conveniently located next to a Giant grocery chain for those elements that you can't do without; the hotel staff will even pick up your groceries at no additional charge! This is a great location for any visit to Washington, D.C.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Columbus
Reviewed April 4, 2013

First, the cons. The area in which the hotel is located is fairly charmless, although there's Starbucks (I'm a Marriott frequent flier but I am NOT a fan of the coffee) nearby. There's also Target and Barnes and Noble within a short drive. Trader Joe's and Giant are around the corner. But if you need room for your kids to roam? Not a lot of options. The pool is the size of a postage stamp and every time we peeked in seemed to have the population density of Hong Kong. The eggs at breakfast were (I'm being kind) "meh". Our mattress was something like a lumpy marshmallow and the pillows? Well. Not a high point. This is maybe our oh, fifth or sixth RI stay in the last six months or so and I'm absolutely over the sort-of couch they call a sleeper sofa. It's not comfortable to sit on; it's not comfortable to sleep on. But that's what kids are for! (To use the uncomfortable furniture).

But now, the pros! The staff: amazing. Friendly to a fault. Super helpful. The room was spotless. Bathrooms spotless. Kitchen spotless. We asked for a couple grocery items to be in the room when we arrived and daggone it, they were! It was GREAT. Eggs aside, the rest of the breakfast was the usual decent RI fare. Not Paris, but hey, it's not Paris. It's oh, maybe a 5 minute drive to the Metro (Blue line and in rush hour, Yellow Line). Freeway access is nearly instantaneous. Sheets were decent. Lobby is really nice. TONS of free parking; all within super easy access of the hotel. Room (at the end of the hall) was very quiet and the 2BR suite left us tons of room for stuff and kids to play. Couple minute drive to Alexandria; we drove in to DC too and were there in about 25 minutes. Would absolutely stay here again, and if they replaced the couch, found me a playground, firmed up the mattress, and made better eggs I might never leave!

Room Tip: Pick a room on higher floor especially if you have kids.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Furcow
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Recently had a 3 night stay for sight seeing in DC. Excellent location for easy access to the interstate. Staff was very helpful. Breakfast excellent and free! Would definitely recommend for couples and families traveling in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I stayed here so we could go sight seeing in Washington! It was only a 13mile drive from the hotel. The front desk helped me and suggested places and things for us to do because it was his birthday. They even offered to decorate the room for me for my husband if i bought the stuff. They told us the best places to go and what restaurants were good. The staff is extremely friendly the place is spotless & I've been to many marriotts in VA and this one is my all time favorite. The hall ways are quiet they do not bother you during your stay (we had a bad experience at another hotel where housing keeping tried kicking us out the day of check out to clean at 9am.) you can't go wrong. I just wish the pool was bigger, & the bathtubs had the slip grip on them. Other than that you'll love it, everything is walking distance so you can save a little gas. :)

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Liz1290
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Free breakfast, free parking, very clean room (studio w kitchen, stove, microwave, silverware, refrigerator, etc.), staff was so friendly. A very great hotel. All for $89 a night. Also an INDOOR POOL.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Colorado
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I admit it... I didn't want to let anyone in on "my little secret." I use residence in in Springfield when I'm in town for work at Ft. Belvoir. The reverse commute (opposite of traffic) I makes it just a 10 min. drive which is great for rush hour there. But even if I was there for touring or for work downtown in DC, Arlington or Alexandria, the proximity to the metro station is fantastic. The rooms are always clean, the breakfast is very good (HOT FOOD!) and 3 nights a week they have hot dinner as well. If you don't want to eat there there are a couple of really good restaurants nearby (Mike's American Restaurant, or Delias are each within 5 min.... You can walk if you like. Love the modern decor and kitchens too.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank COSpgsFamily
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stopped at this hotel on our way home from Florida. Did not expect much for the price. Hotel is amazing, best value for the money I ever had. Very clean, excellent breakfast and dinner, close to everything. Will come here again.

• Stayed March 2013