“Why we return” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Albany, New York
“Why we return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We frequently stay at this hotel as we have a family member we visit at a local nursing home. We have been staying here on the average of maybe every 4-6 weeks for more than one year, so we have a pretty good idea of the quality. Rooms are comfortable; breakfast is good; but the best part of all is a desk clerk by the name of Khan. He always remembers us and greets us warmly when we check in. He is polite and efficient. He is a big part of why we return to this hotel when there are many to choose from in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We just spent a one night stay at the Comfort Inn in Springfield Virginia. The hotel and staff were wonderful. Our room was clean, comfortable and spacious. The staff went out of their way to be hospitable and helpful. We were attending a Washington Nationals game, and it was postponed due to the traffic shooting event in the Naval Yard area. The desk clerk, Khan, called our room to personally inform us of the game delay. The hotel gave us free shuttle back from the metro site the next afternoon even though our reservation ended at noon so that we could attend the re-scheduled game the next afternoon.
The breakfast was very good, as was the reception on our day of arrival. We plan to continue to stay at this convenient location in future trips to the DC area.

Room Tip: We loved our King bed room. It was very quiet in our area on the fourth floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
chesapeake, va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed at this Comfort Inn while I attended a conference. The hotel is located on a pretty quiet street (Loisdale Court). There is lots and lots of free parking. Check in was a breeze. The front desk person, Khan, was very professional. I needed to make a slight adjustment to my reservation at check in, and he happily obliged. My room on the second floor overlooked the lot where I parked my car. It gave me a bit of piece of mind to be able to see my vehicle from my room window, not that I was concerned about vandalism, theft, or anything of that sort.

My room was clean, and everything was in order. The beds were very comfortable. The room contained a fridge, a microwave, and a safe (which cost $1.50 a night). The TV was an older model (not a flat screen) but that wasn't a problem. The internet was complimentary, and the connectivity was great. The room was great. I did not eat the free continental breakfast there, so I cannot comment on it.

There is a mall nearby (I believe the Springfield Mall); as well, the hotel offers a free shuttle to the Franconia Metro station at specified times. All in all, this is definitely a place to consider staying when you come to the Northern VA/DC area. As many, many other reviewers before me have commented, this is an excellent hotel.

Pass Christian
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel. My husband's company held their orientation/meetings at this hotel for the week and I joined him. The hotel has a nice, homey feel. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Although the rooms are very clean, the hotel is in need of some major updating.....new furniture, carpet, mattresses, etc. (the mattresses are clean, I checked them out for signs of bedbugs, etc)., they just seemed pretty worn. Breakfast was included and was okay, better some days than others. The hotel doesn't have a restaurant but, there are a couple of larger hotels near by and we had dinner at one of those. They offer room service through some of the nearby restaurants which we used one night. We did have dinner there on Thursday night in one of the meeting rooms., I think my husband's company set it up. It was a nice dinner. There is a laundry room on the third floor. The hotel is within a short drive in to Washington, DC. There is some shopping nearby, a large mall a couple of streets away but, it was closed for construction except for a couple of stores.

Also, besides an update, I think the hotel would be much nicer if there was an outside sitting area. The smokers just stand around the entrance at the hotel. A sitting area in the back away from the doorway would be much nicer. Also, I haven't seen a pool yet. I think maybe the guests are allowed to use the pool at one of the neighboring hotels.

The staff at the front desk were always very helpful. They helped me get a tour of DC scheduled and answered questions about how to get there using the Metro. The hotel shuttle was great when we needed to go to Target or to a nearby restaurant (which is in walking distance, if you prefer to walk). They also got us to the Metro for our tour. I asked one of the front desk gentlemen if he could get me a taxi set up for Friday morning to get to the airport (Reagan International and Dulles are a short distance from the hotel, shuttle doesn't do airport runs). I asked for an 11:00 a.m. pickup and the taxi was there by 10:45. Actually, it was a limo service, very nice ($40). The driver was very helpful and professional.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again, maybe as soon as January 2014. I rated the hotel average based on it needing an update.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Starting with the impressive Lobby the decor carries throughout the entire hotel with the feel of class.The front desk is excellent in service. The rooms are well cared for and well maintained. Clean doesnt begin to cover the feeling when you enter your room.It feels new.The beds were comfortable and even I had enough pillows. The included breakfast was top notch. Waffles, eggs, sausage, rolls, mufins, cereal, yogurt, boiled eggs, bagels, orange juice and cranberry.Too much more to name. If I have the chance to come back this will be my ONLY choice on where to stay.

Room Tip: I stayed on 5th floor and if all other rooms are even comparable you will enjoy any room they give y...
Belleville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

The Comfort Inn in Springfield, VA is across the street from a more expensive, well-known chain, but the service and room comfort are easily comparable, if not better. The lobby is impressive in its size and décor, and the desk clerks were friendly and helpful every time I came by. There is no fitness facility in the hotel, but they have an arrangement with a hotel next door, so all you need to do is ask, and they will provide you a key to use that facility. There is a free hot breakfast every morning, with the choices different from day to day. There is also a manager's reception Mon-Thur evenings, but I did not have the opportunity to try it. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and everything works as advertised, from the TV to the A/C, coffee pot to the alarm clock. You can't go wrong saving the extra money by staying here and using it to pay for something else on your trip to the NOVA/DC area!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Jackson, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Definitely a beautiful and luxurious hotel. One of the best comfort inn experiences I have had. Room was on a high floor, smelled nice, was very clean and quiet throughout the night. Staff was friendly at check-in and check-out. I only stayed here one night, so, I didnt get to experience everything the hotel had to offer, but I was informed of some sort of manager meeting when I arrived that was going to be giving out free dinners. I did not attend the event, but it was nice that it was an option. Location was kind of difficult to maneuver but it was no fault of the hotel, the road structures near DC are different from what I am used to. I kept getting lost with gps going not even a mile away from the hotel because of all of the different highway interchanges around the corner from the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family