“Good Hotel...Horrible Customer Service Experience” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Washington, DC
“Good Hotel...Horrible Customer Service Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I had to get a room at the last minute because I am a full time teleworker and there was an internet outage in my area. I called and reserved a room around 6 AM. I was told that I could check in the room at any time that morning. I reached the hotel at 7:17 and requested to check into my room. Alex (rudely) told me that "We do not do check ins in the morning..The check in time is at 3." I told Alex that I made a reservation and was told that I can get an early check in. He told (not asked) me to hold on for a moment while he checked his system. He saw my reservation and asked for my id, AAA, and credit cards. I placed my cards in his hand. He did not give me the same respect and placed my cards on the counter. The only reason why I didn't address this issue with him was because I needed to get to my room and start working at 8. I was just wondering what in the world could be going on in his mind to treat a hotel guest this way. The Comfort Inn in Springfield is a decent hotel and it definitely served it's purpose but I will not be returning. There are way too many other places to stay in this area that have staff members that know how to respect their guests.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank dcnative202

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed here on a getaway weekend to Washington DC. It is very close to the metro station and they provide free shuttle to the metro station. Check-in was very easy and professional yet friendly. The room was very nice and clean. I was surprised they had not upgraded to flat screen TV's, but we did not go for the TV so it was okay. The breakfast was nice and was your typical hotel hot breakfast of proteins, breads, fruits, juices, coffee, and of course waffles. I will definitely stay here again for my next trip to DC.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Roanoke
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stayed at the Comfort Inn, Springfield, VA, on Saturday, April 6, 2013. The hotel is five miles outside of Washington, D.C. The lobby is spacious. The rooms are nice and well appointed. This is a step up from most Comfort Inns. There is a shopping center close by with a variety of stores. Just across the street is the Springfield Mall. The mall is currently closed and is undergoing a renovation. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the D.C. or Northern Virginia area. The rooms are quiet. Although I don't ever use them, there is a microwave and a refrigerator in the room.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

the hotel is very convenient to the freeway and was very easy for me to access. I was there three days and all in all my stay was very good. The furniture is a bit outdated but the rooms are clean, the breakfast bar is well stocked and the overall staff is very attentive. The girl at the front desk can use a bit more training but she'll catch on I'm sure. Although I didn't use it, they have a shuttle to take you to the metro so you can visit Washington DC, plenty of handicapped parking spaces as well as accessible rooms which are very nicely done. There were only 8 tables in the breakfast area which surprised me since the hotel has 4 floors but that didn't seem to be a problem.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Tiverton, RI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The facility was in good condition and well maintained. The most positive factor is the staff were excellent, interested, and always pleasant and helpful. I was there for one night, but if the need arrises, would go back gladly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Wanderer_05256
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This was the only motel in the metro area that did not (at the minimumn) double its rates for the presidential inauguration. I was worried about some of the recent trip advisor posts when I booked this hotel but did not want to pay double for my room. There were lots of rooms available in the area and this was the only one that kept its rates at the same reasonable price. The room was clean. We used the shuttle with no problems and we enjoyed the complimentary breakfast.
This hotel was located a little farther out than we wanted to be but it worked out fine for the days we stayed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Savannah, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Didn't really expect much from this hotel to begin with, but was very surprised at the level of service, and condition of the rooms for the price we paid. For the same price we could have stayed at a much nicer hotel, but stayed here since the location was more convenient to my family's home, whom we were visiting over the holidays. Firstly, the rooms are dingy and gross. Had to track down a remote control for our t.v., after about an hour finally got one from the security guard, of all people. Went to get change for the vending machines and was told, VERY rudely, by the woman at front desk that they do not give change to GUESTS for vending. Spent 15 minutes tracking down change just to find out the machines on my floor weren't even working. Went to the next floors machines and it ate my money. Breakfast was worst of all. Everything tasted old, and the selection was poor. After checking out, I realized I had forgotten a personal belonging in the bathroom of our room. Went back just a few hours later to retrieve it and was informed that it was locked in housekeeping and no one on site had a key. This was upsetting, as it was a fairly expensive object, and why wouldn't they have access to their own housekeeping room? I was told to come back the next day, but, surprise surprise, I DON'T LIVE IN SPRINGFIELD, VA which was why I was at a hotel to begin with. Ugh! I asked if they could mail me my belonging and was asked for a credit card number to pay for shipping!! I could understand paying for shipping if I had waited til I got home (700 miles away) and THEN called about it. But I went to the hotel to get it, and if they can't get into their own laundry room, why is that my problem? All in all I was very disappointed. There are FAR BETTER hotels in the same area with comparable prices. I will never stay at another Comfort Inn if I can help it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family