“Great Family Vacation”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Our family stayed here for 4 days in Sept 2012 and had a great experience. All of the staff, from the front desk to the cleaning crew were very friendly and helpful. The complimentary hot breakfast offered a nice variety of hot and cold items each day and the manager's reception offered M-Thursday nights was a nice way to end the day. We chose to use the Metro to get around DC and it was nice to have the complimentary shuttle to and from the station. A big bonus was the Budget Rental Car agency in the building for the short time we needed a car. I would recommend this hotel to everyone, whether traveling alone or with your family.

1  Thank MissouriGirl648

Reviewed October 1, 2012

The hotel and location were great for our needs. The shuttle was quick to arrive each time we called and the Metro station was very close. Several restaurants were a short drive away with good food and generous servings. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our maids did an excellent job and the shuttle drivers were courteous. The breakfast had at least two or more varieties of eggs, juices, fruit, yogurt, cereal, waffles, and breads/pastries. The Manager's Reception was a serendipity and there was always hot coffee and hot water in the lobby. We stayed a week and thought it was an excellent value.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

This hotel exceeded our expectations. We wanted to tour Washington DC but didn't want to spend a fortune by staying and parking in Washington DC. The hotel's complimentary shuttle service to the Metro station was immediate service upon request. Also, we never had to wait more than a few minutes for pickup from the station. We drove into town one early morning and it took us only about 12 minutes from the hotel to the Lincoln Memorial. We were pleased with our breakfast which always included eggs, sausage, waffles, as well as all the other typical continental offerings. Also, the Manager's reception Mon-Thursday is a plus. On the night we returned early enough to attend, they served wings, mac n cheese, salad, and beer and wine. We had a great experience at this hotel.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

This would be a good hotel to stay at on a quick, overnight stay, when passing through DC, and not wanting to spend a fortune. Not sure I would recommend staying here for an extended period, though. Our room was over-crowded with furniture that didn't seem to fit the space, most of it fairly outdated. The bathroom had hair in a few places--gross. Doesn't speak volumes for cleanliness. The TV was a big tube-type tv that had probably been in place for years and years, and the fuzzy picture would seem to indicate so. This hotel sits right off the merge between I-95 and I-495, so the highway noise is present. Not in the rooms so much, but in the area. The area is nothing special--several hotels, a few office buildings, and a mall a short walk away. No real restaurants to speak of, although there might be some around the back side of the mall I didn't see. I did not take the hotel's free shuttle, but I understand there was one to one of the very last stops on the metro's blue line--Franconia-Springfield. I think it would take forever to ride the metro into downtown DC from this station, but if you didn't mind the slow ride, I suppose it would work. 45 minutes? Crystal City might be a better bet for tourists wanting to get into town, though. Overall for $79, not a bad hotel. It served our purpose of spending a quick night passing through town, compared to other hotels in the $100-200-300 range in DC proper. The hardest thing was finding this hotel, because the nearby interstate merge literally has 30-40 ramps going in every direction imaginable. Print good directions, both coming and going!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 11, 2012

this is my first stay at comfort inn. Checkin was a breeze however i was given a room on the first floor and it smells so bad. Smell of mould. I was sneezing. The fridge wasnt working. I have informed the front desk wanting to change to a different room but was told they are fully booked. DIdnt attend to my request - changing rooms and fridge issues. Stay away

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Springfield Comfort Inn is 20-30 minutes from Reagan Airport (DCA). Standard breakfast, but they also had a "Manager's Reception" Mon-Thurs. evenings. The night we were there they had lasagne and lettuce and cookies. Not the best food, but when you've been travelling and you're too tired to go out for dinner, it's a good substitute. Walking distance to Barnes and Noble, where you can get a good coffee and pastry. The carpet in the room was a bit shabby, but the hall carpets were newly replaced.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

I needed to go to my embassy in DC and my husband and I wanted to stay somewhere that's close to the capital without paying an excessive amount for lodging. He went online and booked Comfort Inn in Springfield, VA four nights because it has good reviews and five minutes away from the metro station. Check-in was a breeze and we got a king-sized bedroom with lots of ample space. I loved the variety of food in their complimetary breakfast, which changes every morning (at least for the hot plates like omelettes, sausages, etc.). There was a guy at the reception area (pity I forgot his name) who was very helpful and went out of his way to get me a Wite-out when I needed it on our third day there. If you're like us who didn't want to be bothered by the hassles of driving in DC proper, they have a free shuttle service to the metro station; you just have to inform them that you need a ride and they'll call the driver for you. I really enjoyed our stay here and I would definitely stay here again if we come to DC!

• Stayed: July 2012