“Convenient for Touring Washington DC” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Buford, Georgia
“Convenient for Touring Washington DC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This hotel exceeded our expectations. We wanted to tour Washington DC but didn't want to spend a fortune by staying and parking in Washington DC. The hotel's complimentary shuttle service to the Metro station was immediate service upon request. Also, we never had to wait more than a few minutes for pickup from the station. We drove into town one early morning and it took us only about 12 minutes from the hotel to the Lincoln Memorial. We were pleased with our breakfast which always included eggs, sausage, waffles, as well as all the other typical continental offerings. Also, the Manager's reception Mon-Thursday is a plus. On the night we returned early enough to attend, they served wings, mac n cheese, salad, and beer and wine. We had a great experience at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

This would be a good hotel to stay at on a quick, overnight stay, when passing through DC, and not wanting to spend a fortune. Not sure I would recommend staying here for an extended period, though. Our room was over-crowded with furniture that didn't seem to fit the space, most of it fairly outdated. The bathroom had hair in a few places--gross. Doesn't speak volumes for cleanliness. The TV was a big tube-type tv that had probably been in place for years and years, and the fuzzy picture would seem to indicate so. This hotel sits right off the merge between I-95 and I-495, so the highway noise is present. Not in the rooms so much, but in the area. The area is nothing special--several hotels, a few office buildings, and a mall a short walk away. No real restaurants to speak of, although there might be some around the back side of the mall I didn't see. I did not take the hotel's free shuttle, but I understand there was one to one of the very last stops on the metro's blue line--Franconia-Springfield. I think it would take forever to ride the metro into downtown DC from this station, but if you didn't mind the slow ride, I suppose it would work. 45 minutes? Crystal City might be a better bet for tourists wanting to get into town, though. Overall for $79, not a bad hotel. It served our purpose of spending a quick night passing through town, compared to other hotels in the $100-200-300 range in DC proper. The hardest thing was finding this hotel, because the nearby interstate merge literally has 30-40 ramps going in every direction imaginable. Print good directions, both coming and going!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
North Springfield, Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

this is my first stay at comfort inn. Checkin was a breeze however i was given a room on the first floor and it smells so bad. Smell of mould. I was sneezing. The fridge wasnt working. I have informed the front desk wanting to change to a different room but was told they are fully booked. DIdnt attend to my request - changing rooms and fridge issues. Stay away

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Napa, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Springfield Comfort Inn is 20-30 minutes from Reagan Airport (DCA). Standard breakfast, but they also had a "Manager's Reception" Mon-Thurs. evenings. The night we were there they had lasagne and lettuce and cookies. Not the best food, but when you've been travelling and you're too tired to go out for dinner, it's a good substitute. Walking distance to Barnes and Noble, where you can get a good coffee and pastry. The carpet in the room was a bit shabby, but the hall carpets were newly replaced.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Chula Vista, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

I needed to go to my embassy in DC and my husband and I wanted to stay somewhere that's close to the capital without paying an excessive amount for lodging. He went online and booked Comfort Inn in Springfield, VA four nights because it has good reviews and five minutes away from the metro station. Check-in was a breeze and we got a king-sized bedroom with lots of ample space. I loved the variety of food in their complimetary breakfast, which changes every morning (at least for the hot plates like omelettes, sausages, etc.). There was a guy at the reception area (pity I forgot his name) who was very helpful and went out of his way to get me a Wite-out when I needed it on our third day there. If you're like us who didn't want to be bothered by the hassles of driving in DC proper, they have a free shuttle service to the metro station; you just have to inform them that you need a ride and they'll call the driver for you. I really enjoyed our stay here and I would definitely stay here again if we come to DC!

• Stayed July 2012
Roanoke
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Inn, Springfield, VA, on Saturday, August 4, 2012. The rooms were nice. I used the refrigerator in the room to put my bottled water to get it cold for the next day. I also used the computer in the business center. The next morning, the buffet breakfast had a wide variety of items to choose from. The large Springfield Mall across the street has closed. The Macy's store is still open. I don't know if the mall will be renovated or torn down. Anyway, the location of this Comfort Inn was good. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Woodstock, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We discovered this hotel during a recent 2 day stay in Northern Virginia. Front desk staff couldn't be more helpful and all staff was very friendly. Our room was great and very clean, as was the entire hotel. The manager's reception with food & drinks was a special treat after a long day. A hotel of this quality, with free parking & a metro shuttle is indeed a treat! The rates were the icing on the cake! Well done!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Wingate by Wyndham Springfield
Comfort Inn Ballston
Comfort Inn Ballston
#23 of 50 in Arlington
4.0 of 5 stars 388 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!