“Nice rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Roanoke
“Nice rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Inn, Springfield, VA, on Saturday, August 4, 2012. The rooms were nice. I used the refrigerator in the room to put my bottled water to get it cold for the next day. I also used the computer in the business center. The next morning, the buffet breakfast had a wide variety of items to choose from. The large Springfield Mall across the street has closed. The Macy's store is still open. I don't know if the mall will be renovated or torn down. Anyway, the location of this Comfort Inn was good. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Woodstock, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We discovered this hotel during a recent 2 day stay in Northern Virginia. Front desk staff couldn't be more helpful and all staff was very friendly. Our room was great and very clean, as was the entire hotel. The manager's reception with food & drinks was a special treat after a long day. A hotel of this quality, with free parking & a metro shuttle is indeed a treat! The rates were the icing on the cake! Well done!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Canton, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I travel to the Arlington area for business on a regular basis. I have stayed in several hotels in the area. After trying the Comfort Inn in Springfield, VA I have found a regular place to stay. The rooms are spacious enough for traveling and working. Everything was very clean. I had no problems with noise from other guests which is always a plus in my book.

Room Tip: I was at the end of the hall and wifi was weak in the room. Didn't really effact me as I used th...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

On the edge of the Capitol Beltway, the Comfort Inn is on the cusp of DC. A mile and a half from Metro (free shuttle provided by the hotel) with a full and free parking lot, the location is good for out-of-town visitors who may not be ready for the action or prices of downtown DC.

The rooms and furnishings are older, but everything is spotless. The staff is outstanding and the hotel offers a number of amenities that many others don't from free Wi-Fi to happy hour on weeknights to a gym and outdoor pool (note that the gym and pool are in the adjacent Hampton Inn building).

The hotel is also within short driving distance from a variety of restaurants, grocery stores and shops (although the mall across the street is closing down). The hot breakfast options change every morning, and offer a great variety of options.

Room Tip: The 3 pm check-in time is strictly observed, no chance to check in early here!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Great location, friendly staff. My 5yr old left his stuff animal that I got him while I was deployed, staff saved it and had it shipped to our home. Franconia Metro is less than a 5 drive, which they have a shuttle to take you. pricing was best I've had this close to DC without sacrificing amenities.

• Stayed June 2012
Springfield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

The rooms were very nice for a Comfort Inn and very clean! The bed was better than most of the others hotels on our trip we had been on for 10 days. The price seemed a bit high but could have been the location. We were informed by the night clerk that we would get a hot breakfast with bacon and eggs the next morning. We went to the dining area at 9:30 and there was no food! Breakfast did not end until 10 so we kept waiting and looking for someone to come in and no one ever came in to replenish the meals. Ended up eating a hard bagel and used what was left of the waffle batter to make the last waffle for the breakfast. Promptly at 10 am a lady came in and started closing down and putting everything up very quickily. Very disappointed. There was still people coming in after us as well, and they did not get any food either. The property does seem older and the elevator is very noisy and a bit scary if you have an elevator phobia like I do. Overall not bad but probably would not stay here again. We will go to the Hilton next door regardless of the cost.

Room Tip: Go to the Hilton for better service.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Martinsburg, West Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on 5/19/2012. Even though it is an older hotel the rooms (at least ours) has been updated. I have to say the bathroom was the cleanest that I have seen in any hotel for a long time. It is somewhat noisy and I could hear a dog barking from way down the hall most of the time we were there. The rate is reasonable; HOWEVER, they don't tell you that there will be an additional amount put on hold to your credit card. When I saw this on my bank account I called them and the girl who answered the phone was very rude and didn't want to be bothered. She said it was my bank doing that and I knew that it was not. I called back the next morning and the manager was just as rude. He said he gets these calls all the time. Well, if they get these calls all the time they may want to mention it to their customers! Even though it was a clean place and a reasonable rate, I would not stay at this hotel again. Did not like hearing the dog barking and the rudeness of this staff is uncalled for. There are many other hotels in that immediate area to stay in and not have to deal with their rudeness.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank PhylD57
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Wingate by Wyndham Springfield
Comfort Inn Arlington Boulevard
#9 of 15 in Falls Church
4.0 of 5 stars 204 reviews
Comfort Inn Gunston Corner

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!