“OK for the money” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Key West, Florida
“OK for the money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

For the price it's a decent deal I guess. My main thing about a hotel is the bed and pillows, which was the main gripe for me. The pillows were lumpy (the whole assortment of them they leave on the bed) and the bed not that comfortable. I've had worse, but only a couple times ever. The rooms are dated and TVs are small CRT style. That's the bad. The good is that it is very clean property in all and the staff was very helpful in all of my requests.
The free breakfast was low quality of hot items, but rest was all fine plus was well stocked and not crowded so rather nice in all. I commuted by metro and thought I could walk based on google map distance, but reality is with the roads in the way and weather being what it was I had to take a cab there then found out they have a shuttle service after getting there, which was fairly timely in getting me to the station. I continued to use cab to get back to hotel so I didn't have to wait or call anyone. The mall next to the hotel isn't nearly what I thought it'd be; it's definitely not crowded but that's because a large portion of it is supposedly being redone and other store seletion is limited there as well but not terrible. I had to get some dress shoes so went to Macy's and the selection there was about half of what it is at Pentagon City Mall. That goes for rest of mall in general. The food selection near the motel is almost nonexistent. There is a Houlihan's next to it in the Hilton but prices are high and food is so-so. The Silver Diner on other side of mall parking lot a short walk away isn't great either. The Five Guys, Moes, and other that I noticed on Google maps isn't accessible by foot because it's on other side of the freeway. If you stay here, do it if it's the most affordable thing you can find (and that is what matters most to you) and make sure to eat before coming back to hotel area. If you're used to Hampton Inn, Doubletree, other Hilton brands, or Mariott line, you'll be disappointed. If you're used to Days Inn or Red Roof you'll think this is better. Your satisfaction will depend on expectations. The staff and cleanliness are why I rated this a 3. If it weren't for that I would've done a 2 based on the quality of sleep I got.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Corvallis, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2011

Decided on this motel based on proximity to DCA, Tripadvisor ratings and a preference for this motel group. We were not disappointed. Standard rooms with the usual features, very clean, quiet and comfortable. Big city, business style, with ATM on site, fast elevators, shiny tile. Usual breakfast offerings, etc.
Loved everything about the stay, especially the reasonable price. Caveat: there is always traffic, and the place is a bit difficult to find. We had to call the front desk from a shopping center. The clerk patiently explained the directions. Tricky location.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Westerville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

This newly renovated, spotlessly clean property was a wonderful home-base for a 5 day visit to Washington DC. The amenities, staff, especially Kahn at the front desk, were all top notch. An expanded free continental breakfast included choice of juice, pastries, eggs, breakfast meat etc and was so much more than we expected and a wonderful way to start our busy days. The free shuttle to the Metro station arrived in less than 5 minutes each time we used it, and enabled us to park the car and forget it. The lobby computers and free printer meant that my laptop could remain packed although wifi was available. This Comfort Inn gave us 1st class accommodations and service for a budget-minded traveler. This will be our home away from home on our next visit to DC.

Room Tip: Ask if there are groups of students staying, and request to be as far away from them as possible, ei...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sharon B
Cartersville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

My husband and I were looking for a more reasonable hotel in the DC area and after careful consideration and reading customers reviews, we chose this one. We were very impressed at the hotel decor, clean and modern rooms, very friendly hotel staff and more. The location of the hotel was very near a large shopping center and the metro (which the hotel offered free shuttle service).

We had a three night stay and were delighted that our trip to Washington DC for the monuments was offered at this hotel by DC Tours. This was perfect because the tour company picked us up at the hotel and we did not have to take the metro into to DC to get on a tour there. The tour was fabulous and reasonably priced. We later found out that the Comfort Inn on Van Dorne Street also had this tour service available to to them.

This hotel offered hot breakfast in the morning and if you stay between Monday and Thursday, they have a wonderful little manager's party at 5:30 pm lasting one hour.

There are not many hotels that offer door to door service into DC for a tour. This was extra special and saved us a lot of time and aggravation trying to find our way around a huge city.

I highly recommend this hotel. Everything was great.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

It was a pleasant stay, and I was impressed by the facility. Best of all, the bed was comfy, and I slept well. The manager reception was a nice touch. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Do drop by for the manager's reciption
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

One of the reasons my husband and I had such a wonderful stay at the Comfort Inn is because of the people. The people who work there are so pleasant and helpful. The room was clean and well decorated. We were overjoyed and yet surprised to have a microwave AND A REFRIGERATOR in our room----Wonderful. A hot breakfast along with a lot of extras like yogurt, cereal, boiled eggs, juices, fruits,................, were included in the $89.00 a night weekend special rate. Saturday the hot breakfast did not include any meat, not a problem, but on Sunday morning there was sausages. They also provide a free, as needed, service to the metro station and the Hotel is located right across the street from Springfield Shopping Mall equipped with endless shopping and movie a theater. AAAH life is good.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Newport News
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

We spent 3 nights at this hotel to tour Washington DC. The people were nice, the hotel was well maintained and it is a great location. All at a good price. Their breakfast was well stocked and varied. The eggs and side meat were different each day. They had hard boiled eggs and waffles every day. The room was large, but with a large CRT type TV. The cable and the wired internet worked well. Although you had to look closely to get the free 'Google' internet connection.

The hotel is located next to the Springfield Mall with lots of shopping and restaurants. They have a shuttle to the fairly close Franconia-Springfield Metro Station, but the station has all day indoor parking at only $4.50 a day. The line goes directly to the Smithsonian Metro Station and all its wonderful museums.

I give it 4 stars, because I reserve 5 stars to nice hotels like this that have lots of charm or a spectacular setting.

Make sure your GPS is up to date. The interstates are being rebuilt and changing almost every day.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple