1,089 results
All reviews metro station decent breakfast light dinner free shuttle free breakfast the breakfast area shuttle service nice room dc area waffles front desk clerk hot breakfast an older hotel fridge and microwave would stay here again mall across the street bed was comfortable
Reviewed October 5, 2018

Where to even start? The stay started out well enough. The check-in employee was very friendly and recommended some restaurants that would fit my dietary restrictions. Unfortunately I assigned a room that was being repaired, with no AC unit, and a maintenance worker's gloves & equipment spread out on the table. Okay, fine. Not a big deal. Mistakes happen, maybe someone forgot to mark it as "do not use" in the system. I went back to the front desk to get assigned another room. The new room had a musty smell coming from the AC unit. Unpleasant, but I figured if I let it run for a few minutes the smell would go away. It did not, but I was willing to put up with it for one night as long as the AC worked. I went to the fitness center, which is around the back through a separate entrance. It has a weird & creepy vibe, but I didn't die or get mugged. All's well that ends well, right? Back up to my room I go, to shower & eat. The microwave stopped working halfway through heating my dinner. It was thawed & lukewarm, and I was hungry, so I ate it. Tried logging in to the wifi so I could get some work done while I ate, and there is no wifi. I used my data instead. Off to bed I go, exhausted and ready to get a good night's sleep so I can be refreshed & well rested for my tomorrow's meetings. 1:00 in the morning, the fire alarms go off. We had to evacuate the building and wait outside for the fire department to come & give us the all-clear. Eventually we're allowed back in. I get settled in again & take my last dose of sleep medicine. Just as I get cozy, the alarm goes off AGAIN. This time I did not evacuate, but went to the front desk to ask if it was another false alarm. He says yes, it's a false alarm, go back to bed. I do, and put a pillow over my head, but I can still hear it. It went off several more times. I finally got back to sleep some time after 4 in the morning, with an alarm set for 6. The next morning, I noticed mold near the sprinkler system. According to my husband who works in post-fire restoration, this indicates that the sprinkler was activated at one time, but the room was not properly cleaned afterwards. So apparently this is not the first issue with the fire system? I wish I had never even made the reservation. I would have been better off sleeping at home and getting up at 4 to be on the road by 5. By far the worst hotel experience I have ever had.

• Stayed: October 2018, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
jjstar711, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, we will look into the discrepancies you have brought up. Our first priority is the safety of our guests.

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

We have stopped at this hotel many times on our journey from our NC home to New England and back, a trip we make several times a year. We are pulling out of the hotel parking lot as I write this. My question to the proprietor is, what in the world happened?
When we stayed here last month we noticed that things were a bit shabbier than on previous trips. Nothing outstanding, just a little less cared for. Last night we checked in only to hear that there was no free WiFi in the rooms any longer.
We entered our room (a handicapped accessible room although we hadn’t requested one) to find drawers open, the tv on, the chair cushion upside down on the floor, and a lamp with the top portion hanging off and the shade ripped. We called to request another room. We moved and all was well, until...
At around 2:00 am the fire alarm sounded. Everyone evacuated. After the fire department left 25 minutes later we all returned to our rooms. 20 minutes later fire alarm. Repeat the process four more times and you’ll get a pretty good picture of how we spent the rest of the night. Never got an explanation.
Looks like we’ll need to find another halfway point hotel in Springfield, VA.

Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple
jjstar711, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2018

Hello, I apologize for your experience this week at our hotel. We had a circuit blow in our Computer room and knocked out partial WIFI it should be fixed by 10/4/18. As for the fire alarm it seems as if a prankster triggered our system. I hope you reconsider and give us another chance. Just ask for Jason the General Manager and I’ll be glad to give you a discounted rate during your next visit. Again I apologize we did not meet your expectations.

Reviewed September 28, 2018

We felt like VIP's the whole time we were there. The staff was very welcoming, and friendly throughout our stay. The mattress was the best! -- Even better than ours at home. Where can I buy one of those?!

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello, thanks I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us . The mattress is from Serta by the way. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

Horrible hotel. Terrible gym. Disinterested staff. Breakfast that shortens your life. The slowest lift in the world. Filthy, stinky rooms. Mouldy walls. Tiny windows. Terrible outlook. Aircon that sounds like a jet engine. Do yourself a favour and stay somewhere else.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2018

This Wingate is located where 95, 495 and 395 come together, so it is very convenient for the highway traveler near DC. The rooms are modern and adequate with a fridge and microwave. Clean and comfortable, but nothing particularly outstanding about the hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple