“Great value for the dollar but needs improvement”

Wingate by Wyndham Springfield
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed August 28, 2014

We love the Hampton Inns. The staff are always friendly and attentive and the amenities are very well done. Breakfast is always a highlight and is included in the room rate, The amount of choices for breakfast make it so much more than just a teeny continental breakfast. It would easily 10 bucks per person if you ate a Hampton INN breakfast elsewhere,,,so do the math!! Breakfast for a family alone would make this a very cost effective place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

I want to start off by saying that I travel quite a bit and I am a Hilton's diamond member. This hotel has to rank as one of the worst stays I have ever had in a Hampton inn . First of all I booked a non smoking room and when I arrived at the hotel I was told it was a smoking room, at first I thought I made a mistake when I booked it with my companies travel company but I later confirmed that I didn't and they were most likely overbooked . I decided to stay in the room instead of asking for a new room the next day and that turned out to be a HUGE mistake . My shoulder and arm began to itch on Tuesday (I checked in on Monday) but I didn think anything of it .. By Wednesday I had one small bite on my arm (once again I dismissed it.. I checked out Thursday and my shoulder was still itching, by the time I drove the 4 hours home my shoulder had approximately 12 bites on it plus 2 bites on my arm .. I treated myself and called the manager on Monday morning. He was apologetic but as of this review ( almost 2 weeks later ) he has yet to call me back or fax me an incident form like he stated he would . I will never stay at this property again and I will be calling hilton directly to express my feelings !

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank OnDaRoad13
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Remodel in progress significantly detracted from stay. Room was very poorly configured with too much furniture, and bathroom config was ridiculous. Slowest elevators ever. Overall, did not measure up to Hampton standards.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2014

I would not recommend this hotel. Although there was one employee that was incredibly helpful, I found the remainder of the staff distant to very unhelpful. The room was okay (with very nice comforters), but the beds themselves were very uncomfortable. The cooling system worked okay, but was not the most effective. The food was bland, both the breakfast and the evening special (some of which seemed microwaved). The elevators were incredibly slow and very rough to ride in. Unfortunately, due to construction, there seemed to be no way to use the stairs to avoid the elevators. Parking was very scarce in the evening, causing me to park at a different hotel and walk.

Room Tip: First floor due to terrible elevators.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2014

They were Remodeling during my stay but made every effort to make guests Welcome and Comfortable. Easy commute via Metro Rail into Washington DC and back, complimentary shuttle bus to and from Metro Rail in Franconia, VA.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 9, 2014

....the nicest Hampton Inn we've stayed in. This hotel needs a major update..rooms are clean..but old. Breakfast is not worth going down for..powdered eggs..go to a Dunkin Donut or Subway nearby. It was nice to have the shuttle take us to the metro.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda S
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is in disrepair... not just the lobby which is under renovation. The bathroom has multiple issues that needs to be addressed (lock, toilet seat, etc.) Trash cans in the lobby area smell badly. The area has many hotels. I'd pick another one.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Cicimano
Travelers also viewed these Springfield hotels
Comfort Inn
Best Western Springfield
#9 of 12 in Springfield
Homewood Suites by Hilton Springfield
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Springfield? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wingate by Wyndham Springfield

Address: 6550 Loisdale Ct, Springfield, VA 22150-1806 (Formerly Hampton Inn Springfield)
Location: United States > Virginia > Fairfax County > Springfield
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#1 Best Value Hotel in Springfield
#5 Business Hotel in Springfield
Price Range: $75 - $103 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Wingate by Wyndham Springfield 2.5*
Welcome to our Wingate by Wyndham Springfield hotel near Washington, D.C., with access to all nearby airports, including Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) just 10 miles away, Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD), 30 miles away, and Baltimore Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI), 50 miles away. Find a free breakfast, 24-hour onsite business and fitness centers, a free happy hour Monday through Thursday, free parking, a seasonal outdoor pool, and free metro shuttle service. Our rooms feature free WiFi, flat-screen HDTV, microwave, mini-refrigerator, ergonomic work space, ironing facilities, and coffee and tea maker. Area shuttle service is available for free. George Mason University, Georgetown University, and Catholic University of America all are nearby. Admire the architecture of the Washington National Cathedral. The Kennedy Center offers fantastic entertainment. Catch a game at FedExField or Verizon Center, where the Washington Mystics, Washington Capitals, and Georgetown Hoyas play. Other attractions include the National Zoo, Pentagon City Mall, and Walter E Washington Convention Center. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Springfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn Springfield Hotel Springfield