“Two Nights” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Springfield

You added Wingate by Wyndham Springfield to your Saves list
Wingate by Wyndham Springfield
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6550 Loisdale Ct, Springfield, VA 22150 (Formerly Hampton Inn Springfield)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Rock Hill, SC, United States
“Two Nights”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I chose this hotel because it is one of very few that allow smoking in the DC area, and they had a shuttle to the Metro. The 'hot breakfast' is oatmeal, 'eggs', and what appeared to be microwaved sausage. I wound up getting sick. Overall, the room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. If I had to be in that area again, I'd probably choose it again. I95 was a MESS while we were there, but that wasn't the hotel's fault for sure.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

General_ManagerWASSP, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Springfield, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
First I would like to thank you for choosing our Hotel for your destination in our area, and do want to apologize that you go sick during your travel. Our Breakfast is free and we have extensive selections to choose from. We don't have microwave in our kitchen, Sausages were made in oven and we have not had any complaints in past. But, will keep our eye on it so, we provide and improve on our guest experience and quality of food.

We will appreciate if you are in our area again that you will choose our location and we will be able to improve on our experience we provide.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Staying at the Hampton Inn in Springfield was a special treat after traveling for 8 hours. Upon arrival there was a Managers Reception and we were greeted with chicken wings and vegetables and other refreshments. It was a welcome buffet and made our travel so much easier. Thanks Hampton.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Phoenix, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I was moved to this hotel after booking on Hotels.com at the adjacent Comfort Inn, and having the Comfort Inn be overbooked. The Hampton was nice -- the complimentary breakfast and Manager's reception each day were much better food than I had expected. However, my room was a previous smoking one, and the smoke smell pervaded everything. The Manager was unable to move me to another room due to everything in town being overbooked, and I got up several times during the night coughing. If you book, and you're smoke sensitive, be sure to ensure you're getting a smoke-free room. The Manager noted they're in the process of renovating and converting everything to smoke-free, but until that happens, I can't give this hotel an Excellent rating.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars

Austell, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My husband and I had a great stay and experience at the Hampton Inn in Springfield, VA. The room was clean upon arrival. We had excellent service each day with the front desk customer service personnel and management was outstanding. Our rooms were cleaned on a daily basis without us having to ask for additional amenities or services. We will stay at another Hampton Inn if opportunity presents itself.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Gianna W
Greer, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

The staff was helpful, the location was very convenient to just about anywhere in the D.C. area..the amenities were also very convenient. (the A/C unit was LOUD though and I wasn't told we would be charged a fee for incidentals - which we never used any extras by the way).. but otherwise, very good stay for the family.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Margaret B
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I had a very nice stay here for a business trip for 3 weeks. It was my first time at a Hampton Inn. No it is not a Marriott and it should not be compared to one. It is a very nice hotel and they provided excellent customer service. I do recommend this hotel for business travelers. Please take note that the shuttle to the Metro in the morning does not leave until 7:10am every morning not 7:00am so plan accordingly. Also, the Wi-Fi works better in your room then throughout the hotel. You will definitely get your monies worth with the accommodations, breakfast & happy hour/appetizer in the evening. Again, I recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Washington, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

This hotel has a good location and a great price. The rooms are not the newest, but they are clean and functional. The thing at sets this hotel apart is the customer service. From the front desk clerk all the way up to the front office manager, the will strive to make your stay as good as it can get. I had some small problems during my stay but the clerks and the front office both went above and beyond to ensure I was satisfied. Their service will make me stay at this place again in the future.

Stayed May 2014