“Not Bad for Business Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Springfield

Wingate by Wyndham Springfield
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Bohemia, New York
“Not Bad for Business Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stayed here for a couple weeks while working downtown DC. The rooms were were pretty quiet and allowed for good sleeping. The sheets and towels fresh daily, and everything I asked for was brought to the room right away. Breakfast was pretty good each day, and the happy hour snacks were a nice addition. I found the staff to be quite friendly. I noticed Hampton Inn Sprigfield is quite popular for groups and sports teams. Overall, a pretty good value for the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Reasonably good hotel for family stays. Reception staff is very friendly and will do their most to address your needs. Breakfast is good and varied and complementary light dinner is offered on evenings during the week. Disappointed however with the speed of computers in the business and the fact that the printers were not working. Rooms are nice and clean but stuffy, which could be an issue for clients with asthma and allergies. Also, A/C are a bit noisy.

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had an overall good experience at this hotel. However, we got an initially bad impression of the hotel. When we checked in the person at the front desk seemed unfriendly. She did not smile at all and it seemed like we had to struggle to get help from her. She seemed like she didn't want to bother helping us. Also, the hotel had an old hotel smell. (I think it may be relatively old since the hotel existed when I lived in the area 20 years ago). The carpets smelled bad or the hotel had a cigarette smell to it even though I think it is a non-smoking facility. Interestingly, my wife overheard some executives speaking at the hotel, that were discussing changing the hotel from a Hampton Inn to a La Quinta hotel. Maybe this needs to be done to indicate the lower quality from an older hotel.

United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Awesome for sight seeing in DC. Hotel provided us with shuttle for metro. We should have planned our DC experience better but this hotel was great. Little tip if going to DC nd taking metrol in, plan on renting bikes. Take a little bike chain with you so you can lock the bikes together. Also next time we will have a little over the handle little cooler with a couple waters in them and lock them to bikes also!

Kingsport, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I made a reservation via HamptonInn.com. When I arrived at the desk, the clerk asked incredulously, "how did you get such a low rate," but eventually assigned me a room. When I walked into the room, it reeked of mildew. The clerk politely gave me another room when I complained. It also smelled awful. A few minutes later, she called me in my second room to make sure I was satisfied. I explained that it too smelled from mildew. She assured me that was because the A/C hadn't been running in a while, the smell would go away after operating the AC for a while. I gave it a shot, but the smell never faded. I was tired, so I went to sleep. It was pretty unpleasant. Upon checking out, I complained about the odor, and they did nothing, even though the sign on the counter says you don't pay if your not satisfied.
Breakfast was OK, but the one lady trying to keep up with hordes of guests was overworked and barely able to keep food stocked. Swimming pool water was cloudy. Curved shower curtain rod was floppy, so the curtain tended not to stay in position while you showered. Their shuttle to the metro station was convenient...allowed us to go into D.C. and come back out in the PM.
I use Hampton Inns a lot...this place was below average.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Kevin A, Front Office Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Springfield, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.

Thanks,
Kevin Alfaro
Hampton Inn Springfield
kevin.alfaro@hilton.com
703-924-9444
Oak Hill, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This facility was a big hit with us--great location, clean, good breakfast, easily accessible and tremendous value for the price (and location). This was pleasure but I'd stay again for business also.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Melville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Staff and room/AC all were good except the AC leaked a massive pool of water on the carpet.
Maintenance was on top of the situation with fans. Phone system did not work well as I missed a few phone calls because the phone on the desk would ring but not able to hear the caller on the phone by the bed.

Breakfast was poor but the hotel was in a great location for food and highway access. Free dinner also offered by the hotel which was passable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo