“Great Option to Catch DC Metro” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Springfield

Wingate by Wyndham Springfield
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Option to Catch DC Metro”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed here to get a mini weekend vaca to DC, and I did not want to stay in DC. Springfield is nice enough, but it is confusing to navigate even with GPS. The hotel was nice and I felt it was clean and comfortable. The only complaints I had was there was not a lock box in the room, there were no extra blankets or pillows in the room, and the hotel was loud from tons of teenage groups traveling to DC. It was nice that there was a Target right across the way. But it was closed, I was sick and in need of a Walgreens or CVS. We had to travel to the next town via 395 to find a CVS with GPS. Getting on 644 is confusing to try to find any restaurants. I have stayed at the Best Western and I really enjoyed it, but they do not accept pets so I kind of had no other choices but Hampton Inn. It wasn't bad but I wouldn't stay again because I do not like the location at all.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank dvldlphn32

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Location was great to visit our family. Front desk staffer lowered our price when he saw that we were all senior citizens!

The room was very nice and clean. The bed was good and the comforter looked like it was freshly laundered; which is a big plus!

Food was good and plentiful.

The only bad thing during our entire stay was the woman working in the breakfast room. We were visiting with our family in the breakfast room and she was rude and basically told us it was closed and she had to clean. So we moved to another area and she did the same thing. I did report her and the front staff talked with her while we were there. The next day she was still rude.

Other than that one woman, we had a good stay there.

• Stayed March 2013
Poplar Branch, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The Inn was clean and nice as far as decor. The breakfast was awesome. I did, however have trouble sleeping. The people in the room next door were partying ALL night. I could hear every word they said. It started about 3am. It was quite disturbing and I guess they were on drugs or something..who know, but I perfer not to hear others being intimate in the next room! Then across the hall a dog was yelping about 6am. I will not go back there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kevin A, Front Office Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Springfield, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you for your review of your stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. I understand that the noise was an issue during your time with us. We strive to have additional overnight managers available during high traffic periods to assure the comfort and safety of our guests. Again, I apologize and I do hope the next time you return to area you consider staying with us again.

Kevin Alfaro
Hampton Inn Springfield
Mount Airy, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Hotel is very comfortable. Staff is pleasant. Convenient to some good restaurant choices. This is a typical suburban office area hotel but Hampton Inn is a cut above the rest. A/C unit could be a bit quieter but it didn't disturb my sleep.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Cincinnati, OH, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

When I travel to Northern Virginia, I usually check the prices at this Hampton and then stay elsewhere because a room across the road can usually be found at a 30% discount. This time, the prices were within 10% of each other, so I booked the Hampton. This properly is an older building. It is in good shape, but my room was small and you won't forget you are in an updated older hotel. The single king room had the normal Hampton amenities, albeit in a compressed format. The bathroom was small and self-contained. If traveling with the family, we prefer a room with the sink outside the bath area. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. My room was at the end of a hall and there was no outside noise noted. The cable TV lineup was good, although I didn't get a chance to watch TV. There was a large flat-screen TV in the room.

The complimentary breakfast was good and there were a number of items from which to choose. The staff was friendly at check-in and check-out. I appreciate the fact that Hampton offers a downloadable version of USA Today, which seems less wasteful than the paper version. They also offer downloadable books and magazines, although many are restricted to their higher-level loyalty club members.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay and I would stay here again if the price per night is similar. However, if there is still a 30% price difference, I would stay across the street (see my other reviews) and use the fifty bucks saved to treat myself to Mike's American Grill. Frankly, there is not enough difference between the hotels to justify such a premium for this property.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the side of the hotel facing away from l-95 if possible. The hotel is very clo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank OH_Tom
Double Oak Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Great staff and nicely clean hotel. But room heat even when set to cold was way too hot. I had to run the system for several hours on fan to cool it down enough to sleep. But it was workable to only a minor inconvience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Provo, UT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Hotel management did not adjust service staff to serve full hotel for 2013 Inauguration. Only one person, for example, was working the breakfast room. It was not clear from the review that the exercise room required one to leave the hotel to go to a room in the back of the hotel approximately 20 yards away. The front desk staff did not have consistent information on how the many guests in the hotel could access METRO on the morning of Inauguration, when the shuttle would run, etc. This despite the fact that the hotel was charging a premium rate for rooms for this reason during this period.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service during this high traffic period. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. I again, apologize for the poor level of service and we hope to have another chance to provide a great stay for you in the future.

Kevin Alfaro