“Now known as CJ's Steak and Ale House”

No photo provided
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed November 15, 2016

The breakfast we had was very good in the small and very plain restaurant even at 10am on a Sunday. The main attraction I think is the bar, which was full, still allows smoking, and is separated by a glass door. Too cold to sit outside, but I imagine that the outside seating allows smoking as well from what I could tell. If there are no smokers, I think this would be a good place to enjoy! Lots of food at a minimal price. Located on the east side of Lake Anna.

Date of visit: November 2016

Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

This was a wonderful surprise. This is a very laid back, nothing fancy restaurant, but the food and staff were outstanding. Shrimp and crabs were cooked to perfection. Crabs slightly small but very full and delicious. Shrimp was large and seasoned perfectly. I would definitely recommend

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed August 25, 2015

Used to love the sandwiches here, last time we went ;menu changed, atmosphere very dismal and good mediocre. Will not return

Date of visit: March 2015
Reviewed December 31, 2014

We have been here many many times in the last 7 years and its always been good. I know it has gone through some different owners and I don't know if it has changed hands again in the last few months, or if they hired a bad chef but the rolls with dinner were so hard you could bang them on the table, who would serve them that way? Also, we a sent steak back because it was still red and when they brought it back out it was still red. Grilled chicken pieces in salad were still pink. My steak was not hot when it was served. It was just awful and I don't think we will be going back anytime soon, which Im sad to say because its pretty close to our home.

Date of visit: December 2014
Reviewed October 7, 2014

Closed in 2013? Please investigate. Closed in 2013? Please investigate. Closed in 2013? Please investigate.Closed in 2013? Please investigate.Closed in 2013? Please investigate.Closed in 2013? Please investigate.Closed in 2013? Please investigate.Closed in 2013? Please investigate.Closed in 2013? Please investigate.Closed in 2013? Please investigate.

Date of visit: October 2014