Open today: 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Reviewed January 21, 2018
4wyne
Spotsylvania, Virginia
via mobile

All reviews wine tasting lake anna tasting room nice wine renaissance faire wine trolley crackers their website friendly staff glass red winery taste tart concerto virginia property
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited on the day Hurricane Michael passed through Virginia. Weather was not great but the staff was upbeat, knowledgeable and very helpful. I am more of a white wine fan but their red is also quite tasty. They make some nice sweet wines that were not my taste but well made. Tasting room is spacious and in good weather, they have a nice outdoor spot. If in the Lake Anna area, worth the visit.

Reviewed October 1, 2018

I attended a 5k over the weekend and was pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere. Everyone was very friendly and the wine was divine.

Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

The day was gorgeous and this place had amazing scenery! The wines were all pretty decent with some styles and flavors that were unique (at least to me).

Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

My visit was fine. I did not find any wines I liked. My pourer was nice enough. The tasting room was ok. I have been meaning to stop by. I think me expectations were a bit high which made it hard to reach. It all in all it was a decent visit.

Reviewed April 22, 2018

Lake Anna Winery was my first winery of the day and by far the best. I showed up on a day where it looked like they were having some kind of car show further back on their property, but I was just there for the wine. The tasting Building is unassuming, but very lovely inside. It took a second for the lady at the tasting bar to acknowledge me, but after that it was smooth sailing. I have to say I liked all their wines to varying degrees. The Total White is the perfect porch wine and would pair well with just about anything. The lake Side White and the Lake Side Sunset were their sweeter wines and both caught my eye. The Concerto was very different with cherry essence added to give it a sweet and tart taste at the same time. Very nice selection.

1  Thank jehenson81
Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

Very nice relaxing atmosphere with a great selection of wines to choose from!!! They have fun events to attend year round!! Live music and a variety of catered food.

Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

I'll preface by saying that the rating is based more on the wines than on the facility or service.

We overheard a staff member ask another customer whether they preferred sweet or dry wines -- which we found a bit odd as there was really only one wine we tried that we would call dry, and that was a petit verdot. There was only one other red, a blend. Most all others were white. Interestingly, they produce two Seyval Blancs, an unoaked and an oaked. While we would classify their white wines as sweet, they leaned that direction, rather than dry.

The tasting room is spacious, with a tasting bar and a number of tables. The staff member assisting us was helpful and fairly knowledgeable of their wines.

As the particular wine list does not really suit our tastes, we're unsure about our return. Lake Anna is still a nice place to stop and enjoy a glass.

Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

Went to this winery solo because I was , well, alone! But that won' stop me from trying new wine. They greeted me right away and as I was alone were very attentive! I loved that. I did buy one bottle Spotsylvania Claret it was my favorites the outside wasn't very exciting but indoor very nice set up

Reviewed July 12, 2017

Nice winery, friendly staff. They also have various events so it is worth checking their website. We stopped here on our way through the area and enjoyed the grounds and the wine tasting.

Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

For a small local winery, this is the place. Beautiful tasting room. Great location for those visiting Lake Anna. Nice selection of wines. The Heidig Family are wonderful people that care about their community.