“Fun for the family”

Lake Anna State Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Lake Anna offers boating, fishing, hiking, and just all-around fun.
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

We live 15 minutes from the lake. The beach is fun and there is a playground for the kids. You can boat, camp, hike and do many fun activities at Lake Anna

5  Thank Amymrsr
"rocking chairs"
"kids swimming"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I visited Lake Anna 2-3 times this summer and enjoyed it every time. The area near "beach" gets pretty crowded in summer, but there are still plenty of areas in the park where it is relatively quite. I normally park near the beach area during the first half of my visit there. After some swimming at the beach, I drive to the other section (Fisherman's trail). That section is not safe for swimming so its relatively quite during summer time as well. There are picnic tables right next to the water. Just like all other state parks in VA, this one also has a parking fees of 5$ and swimming fees of 3$ on the weekends. There are lifeguards on the beach. If you decide to go during summer months and want to enjoy swimming at the beach, just call them and check if the swimming area is open. They tend to close it in case there are any chances of thunderstorms in the area. I was extremely disappointed once, when I found out that the swimming area was closed. BTW, almost next to the real swimming area, you will occasionally see folks swimming in the lake. The only difference is that the other areas are not watched/monitored, and its "free" to swim there (but its "swim at your own risk" in those areas).

There are several marinas offering jet ski / boat rentals in the summer months. I haven't tried that yet, but would be fun to do it on this lake.

3  Thank joshmilind
Reviewed October 16, 2013

my wife and I recently visited the lake anna Va. area, we really like state parks so we decided to stop by lake anna state park, was happy with the park from the start, it only cost $5.00 to enter. as you go through the park, theres something that stands out, the cleanlyness and upkeep of the park. we drove through campground and i remarked to my wife how nice and new everything looked, some of the nicest rest/shower areas ive seen in a park. in general, this is a very "nice park".

4  Thank Ronald W
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I really enjoyed the lake, There are some private places you can canoe to. You will have to watch out for the boaters that have no respect for canoes. Praying the wake from some boats don't knock your canoe over IT was a pleasant day. Take a picnic lunch and enjoy their beach area too. Play grounds for the kids.

1  Thank celticdove61
See more reviews
Reviewed July 30, 2013

It is my first time to this beautiful location. I was a guest with my neighbors and good friends. I had a great time. Two nights of camping. We brought our own tent. And two days in the Beach. I and my neighbors and their four children ages 12, 9, 4 and 3 had a great time. Everything in the park was kept clean and pleasant. I am coming back again and I am going to bring my family with me. I am sure they going to have a good time like I did.

3  Thank Gamil M