“Very cute B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sperryville
Hopkins Ordinary Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 6 Sperryville B&B and Inns
“Very cute B&B”
Reviewed August 23, 2009

Had a lovely stay at the Hopkins recently. It's conveniently located to the Shenandoah Nat'l Park and a lot of great wineries in the area. Being a foodie, I was really appreciative for the great breakfasts that were served both days we were there (goat cheese/porcini mushroom/caramelized onion omelets & cheddar/corn waffles w/ salsa & a jalapeño syrup...yummm). Wish tripadviser did half stars because this is a 4.5 star for sure, narrowly missing what (in my mind) is 5 star quality. Overall a great place for a short stay and would totally recommend it.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Tennessee
Reviewed July 23, 2009

When I told my sister that my wife and I were planning to travel to The Inn at Little Washington for our 20th anniversary, she insisted that we stay at Hopkins Ordinary. That was some of the best advice that she has ever given me. My wife was struck by the building, furnishings, and the garden. I found the warm welcome and attention from Sheri and Kevin to be outstanding (and refreshing). If you are anywhere near Sperryville, you owe it to yourself to pay them a visit.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Olney, MD
Reviewed June 28, 2009

My husband and I just had a wonderful weekend at the lovely Hopkins Ordinary B&B in Sperryville, Virginia. The charm and character of this renovated historic treasure is only matched by the wonderful service and care provided by Sherri and Kevin, the owners and inn-keepers. This B&B is a short distance from Skyline Drive/Shenandoah National Park and what seemed like at least a dozen Virginia vineyards. Each morning starts with an amazing home-made breakfast that was enough that you could have just a snack for lunch. I consider myself a "foodie" and I give five stars to these breakfasts (and the morning coffee)! After breakfast Sherri and Kevin were ready with tips, maps and suggestions for your day if needed. I HIGHLY recommend this B&B to anyone looking for a relaxing escape, a hike, good food, great service. -- Christine Young

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Miami
Reviewed June 8, 2009

Sherri and Kevin are the epitome of what innkeepers should be. We have stayed with them for three years running, and each year they scale new heights with their wonderful breakfast! Now, they're even making their own luscious cheese. During more than three decades of dining at The Inn At Little Washington, we have stayed at every B&B in the area and The Hopkins Ordinary is, hands down, the best.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2009

My wife and I stayed at Hopkins for a one-night get away after a day of hiking in Shenandoah. The owners Kevin and Sherri were more than accommodating and made our short visit very memorable. We were immediately offered a beverage upon arrival while we cleaned up for dinner reservations later that evening. After dinner we enjoyed a starlit view from the beautiful deck. We slept in the Oregano Room, which was small but quite comfortable. Because of an extra early departure on Monday morning we were not able to try the breakfast, but Kevin and Sherri were very gracious to leave out some scones and fresh coffee for our commute back to the city. For the price and comfort, this is a great get away with very accommodating owners. Light sleepers may have a problem with the sometimes busy main street.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Fairfax, VA
Reviewed March 16, 2009

My husband and I went here for a quiet weekend away from DC, and highly recommend it for that purpose. The owners, Kevin and Sherri, are terrific and willing to go the extra mile to make sure their guests enjoy the stay. They helped us with dinner reservations and recommendations for wineries to visit nearby, so if you're looking for a good place to eat or go wine tasting, definitely talk to them first. We were also impressed with the breakfasts, which included old standbys and more modern, creative touches. The historic hotel (150+ years) was a nice change of pace from the more modern places we usually stay, and we loved that our room came with a wood-burning fireplace. I'd love to come back when the weather is a bit warmer to enjoy hiking in the mountains.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2009

My husband and I wanted to get away from DC for the weekend as it was our first wedding anniversary and we stayed at the Hopkins Ordinary. The owner's Kevin and Sherri were very welcoming and made us feel right at home. The rooms are beautiful, clean and comfortable. The breakfast was amazing and they really went the extra mile to make our stay one we will always remember. I highly recommend this B&B and there was absolutely nothing negative that I can say about our stay. If you are looking for a wonderful weekend away from the city and you want a beautiful place to stay, good wine and incredible food this is the place for you! We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sperryville
The Mimslyn Inn
#1 of 1 in Shenandoah National Park
Big Meadows Lodge
Big Meadows Lodge
#1 of 8 in Shenandoah National Park

Been to Hopkins Ordinary Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!