“excellent food and service”
Review of High on the Hog BBQ - CLOSED

High on the Hog BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Sperryville, Virginia
“excellent food and service”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

great food reasonably priced -Soft shells are the best-the gumbo is best you will get outside of New Orleans

Visited May 2013

Easton, Maryland
“Hidden treasure”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Stopped by after taking a trip to Skyline drive. Very tiny hole in the wall place, but so glad we stopped in! I ordered the bit'chin' pulled pork sandwich.. Oh my I could have eaten 5 of those!! Awesome sandwich!! I wouldn't mind making another 3 hour trip for another one! Now, you can't go to this place with expectations of a fancy restaurant. As said above, its a tiny hole in the wall with a few picnic tables, a small patio outside, and a front counter to order your food. A+!

• Visited October 2012
Richmond, Virginia
“Good BBQ lunch”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We visited this tiny restaurant on Saturday while we were traveling to the Shenandoah National Park. My husband and I got the pulled pork platter, it was very good. One of our friends got the Barbie Dog which had pork and slaw on top of a hot dog. He really enjoyed it. His wife got the chicken platter and she also thought her meal was good. We also ordered the crab cake platter to share because we were told the crabcake was the best one ever....well it had plenty of crab yet lacked flavor. I wouldn't get it again. I would go back for the BBQ though. Everyone was friendly and they had classic rock playing. BTW...no alcohol.

• Visited November 2012