“One-night stopover from NYC to Charlotte”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sperryville
The Inn at Mount Vernon Farm
Ranked #2 of 6 Sperryville B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We wanted to cut the 10 hour trip in half so we decided to stop in Sperryville and stay here with the hopes of proving the other reviews to be true. The inn absolutely surpassed our expectations... ! My parents and I stayed in the Foxes Lair room which was very comfortable; my Mom loved the sheets. The owner, Mr. Miller, happened to stop by, and indulged us in a private tour of the grounds. What an awesome learning experience and a beautiful way to discover his holistic approach to farming. The sun was setting over the Rappahannock hills as the grass-fed pigs followed us out to the area where all the cows were chowing down grass. We met the donkey and his llama friend, and admired the chicken coop, and learned some aspects of farming that hopefully will inspire every farmer and consumer! An experience that I highly recommend, and a spot that I will definitely be returning to one day. Thanks again to the owner for his warm welcome, - the Robinson family

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for The Inn at Mount Vernon Farm

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Just got back from the Inn at Mount Vernon and had the most wonderful wedding weekend! My best friend got married in the barn located at the bottom of the farm. It was a wedding right out of a magazine. The best part was that we were all able to stay in the inn together. The owners and staff we so kind and thoughtful. We stayed in the Queen room and the king size bed was so comfortable. The property was so beautiful that you did not need to leave. It was so nice to wake up to the smell of a home cooked breakfast. I can't say enough about the food. AMAZING! Thanks for a great weekend and we can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jen Z
Reviewed April 10, 2013

What an absolute TREAT in the middle of rolling hills with the Blue Ridge Mountains in the distance! Our group of 5 was pampered by the unbelievably comfortable bedding and Sferra sheets, gracious hospitality by the owners and staff, exquisitely decorated common rooms and beautifully furnished bedrooms...but the piece de resistance was the breakfast! Homemade lamb and pork sausage straight from the farm, bacon, blackberry pancakes, direct-from-the- henhouse eggs, pastries, fresh cut fruit and French dip coffee made for a wonderful start to the day. The place was immaculately kept....the views of the 850+ acres of farmland were stunning and everyone made us feel right at home. We toured wineries by day, explored nearby Washington, VA (great lunch at Tula's), enjoyed a terrific dinner in Sperryville at The Thornton River Grill and returned "home" to homemade brownies, wine and drinks while we played cards in the living room. Another highlight of our visit was a hike around the property, enjoying a visit to the family graveyard (the Inn is 5th generation of the Miller family), a "photo opp" at an old caboose, and a walk through the property's enormous and grand barn, now rented out for private parties. We lucked into a tour by the current owner and learned about the family's commitment to environmentally and animal-friendly farming methodologies....this is the real deal! I don't think I will ever eat anything but grass-fed beef from now on. The farm even has a store stocked with organic chicken, beef and pork products that enable you to remember your trip. The rates are very reasonable for the luxury, comfort and customer service...don't miss this GEM of an Inn. Thank you for making our "50th Happy BDay Weekend" so very special. I look forward to returning in the fall when the leaves are changing. I almost forgot our great happy hour (we picked up wine and snacks in nearby Sperryville) on the bocce court...could not have been more fun.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any of the rooms -- all are beautifully furnished with lovely up-to-date...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Anne m
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The Mt Vernon Inn was immaculately renovated only a few years ago. We had the place to ourselves Friday night and only one other couple Saturday night on a blustery weekend in February. The host, Lillian, is an absolute treasure, born and raised locally, she has worked on the farm for over 30 years, and has the quintessential southern lady grace. The breakfast is fantastic, mostly meat and eggs from the farm, plus other gourmet delights. I don't know if they have a special breed of chickens, but their eggs are incredible - I've never seen such rich colored yolks, and we typically by our eggs from farmers markets. You'll definitely want to visit the farm store and stock up on eggs and meats to savor and share the goodness of this place when you get home. We're mostly vegetarian eaters, but the following weekend we grilled up the lamb sausages, lamb kabobs, and chicken with friends and it was the best grilled meal I've ever had.
The house is divided very nicely so that even when they are full I can imagine you have good privacy. They also have a fantastic patio with tables, a high end charcoal grill and a bocce court, which looks like great fun for anytime other than the dead of winter. I imagine the perfect summer evening, grilling lamb, beef and chicken, playing bocce with new and old friends, with a variety of local wines and beers on ice!
We walked into to town over the new bridge they built and checked out the Copper Fox Antique mart, Wasmund's Distillery (whiskey), and various art galleries - lots of interesting stuff at every stop. We then drove a few miles and did a hike in Shenandoah National Park.
On this winter weekend, we enjoyed a fire in the living room with a snifter of Wasmund's Single Malt we bought at the distillery earlier in the day.
Fantastic weekend. This place is definitely a great value!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Music Room, which has a great sitting space for talking and reading (better than th...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2013

First off let me say that generally speaking, when I hear the words "B&B and Inn" I run the other way. This type of stay has never been my thing due to small quarters that usually require interaction with other guests...I think it's great for those of you who enjoy this type of thing, but it just isn't my travel style. Enter the Inn at Mt. Vernon Farm - where you can enjoy luxury and anonymity along with personal inn-like touches. When we arrived we were greeted by Cliff, the owner who promptly showed us to our room and then let us luxuriate in all of its amenities. We booked the owner's suite which was absolutely beautiful. Everything about it was luxurious and comfortable - the large bed was phenomenal with wonderful linens, beautiful bathroom, comfortable sitting room, the list goes on! My boyfriend is hugely picky about his accommodations and could find nothing wrong with the place on all accounts. Then there's the kitchen - where you can help yourself to anything including complimentary wine, snacks and other beverages. A delicious breakfast was prepared in the morning using many fresh ingredients produced right there on Mt. Vernon Farm. Other amenities included wifi (although you can easily unplug in the country as well) and very nice toiletries. Cliff explained to us that the farm has been in his family for five generations and it was clear that he maintains great pride in all its offerings. This place was fantastic and we will definitely be going back!

Room Tip: We chose the owner's suite which was absolutely beautiful. However we had the chance to peek in...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelgal1220
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay. The inn and grounds were clearly carefully maintained and the setting is beautiful. We found our room to be quite comfortable. In addition to enjoying a wonderful breakfast, we enjoyed meeting Cliff and learning about his sustainable farming practices and thoughtful stewardship of his family's farm. We can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: The Owner's suite has a separate sitting room, great for those early risers who don't want t...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I saw the farm house before it was converted to an inn. I am amazed at the transformation Cliff, Cliff and Lucille have accomplished. The accommodations are first rate and the food and wine delicious. This is definitely a working farm. We got up close and personal with a donkey, llama, cows, pigs, sheep and chickens. The only animals on the farm we missed seeing were big trout on the end of a fly line. The whole family had a great time and we definitely plan to return to the Inn.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sperryville
The Mimslyn Inn
Belle Meade Bed and Breakfast
Belle Meade Bed and Breakfast
#3 of 6 in Sperryville
South Court Inn Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Inn at Mount Vernon Farm? Share your experiences!