“endless honeymoon”

The Conyers House Country Inn & Stable
Ranked #6 of 18 things to do in Sperryville
More attraction details
Owner description: A great place for a horseback ride to view fall foliage in Virginia.
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I stayed at the Conyers house 20 yrs ago with my first wife
on our honeymoon and I knew i'd be back. This time I came
with my 2nd wife (new and improved) and it was truly comforting
to see that nothing had changed. If Virginia is for lovers, then
this has to be the ultimate destination.There is NOWHERE like
the Conyers house. I had reserved the "new attic" for a Tuesday
night, but since we were the only visitors that night, my friend
Sandra upgraded us to "Helen's room" for the same price, and
Helen's room is "dreamy", as are all the rooms. The library downstairs
is particularly nice, its like a miniature national archives. There
are nice renderings of George Washingtion on the wall as well
as a dignified bust of GW, all of which add to the amazing historicity
of the place. The is no seismic scale that can measure the good
vibrations that are here. Thanks Sandra,

SandraCB, Owner at The Conyers House Country Inn & Stable, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

What fun to have a former guest return and find no changes but the color of my hair. I love having guests tell me what was going on when they last came----they often remind me of adventures I have long forgotten. Glad you liked the upgrade. I like doing that when possible. Don't wait another twenty years for the next visit though. :^)

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Despite a scheduling error on my part, Mrs. Cartwright-Brown was extremely gracious and accommodating.
We were greeted by her and her staff with the same warmth and charm that surrounds the 200 year old, very well kept, house and grounds.
She took us on an equestrian adventure that lasted most of the afternoon.
Her knowledge of and ease around horses made our time special and memorable - both on the trail and off.
It was a lovely way to celebrate my daughters 13th Birthday and I highly recommend The Conyers House to anyone wishing to experience something "off the beaten path."
They have much to offer!

Reviewed June 6, 2012

Just off the beaten Virginia 231 path and adjacent to the Shenandoah foothills trail heads of Old Rag, White Oak Falls, Cedar Run and Little Devil Stairs is a cozy 1790’s farmhouse turned Inn. Conyer’s Inn and Stables is now run expertly by Sandra Cartwright-Brown a no-nonsense but extraordinarily friendly, able and knowledgeable inn keeper who bought the house with her husband 30 years ago. We found the website on visitRappahannockVa.com when other inns were filled and we were thrilled we did! The Inn has grown over 200 years maintaining its turn-of-the-century small house charm with lots of antiques and finery. Each of the well sized spotlessly clean,country rooms has all the features you need with armoire closet and TV, coffee and tea service, large and high king bed, and pleasing bathroom. We stayed in Helen’s Room for 2 nights and overlooked the pasture and stables. Breakfast was ready whenever we were; made from scratch including fresh fruit, eggs, sausage / bacon, toast… whatever we desired. We were her only guests and Sandra has a knack at being in touch with all our needs. Monday morning was the biggest surprise. We chose to stay and assist herding the horses from the paddock, tacking them and prepping them for a mornings journey. Each was majestic and wonderful to ride as we prodded through the creek into the forest and up the pastures toward the foothills below the Blue Ridge. Upon coming home, we unsaddled and unbridled the horses and led them to their pastures returning to lemonade and cookies before we left hunting for another Virginia Vineyard. Thank you Sandra for a incredible weekend. We look forward to another season with you!

Reviewed March 11, 2012

After spending a day with business associates at a farm house in Sperryville talking about organizational issues, the cozy B&B was just what the doctor ordered! The bedrooms were welcoming and comfortable. And Sandy, the proprietor was so kind and eager to meet our every need. After a wonderful night's sleep, the warm blueberry pancakes with applesauce and sauteed sausage (which followed warm, glazed fresh grapefruit and hot coffee!!!) was just what we needed to get us ready for another day of meetings. Perfect!!

Reviewed July 18, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Conyer's while attending an event at the Castleton Festival. The stay was outstanding in every way. The welcome of our hosts, Sandra and Norman, was warm and hospitable and the house itself is fascinating. Our room: "Grampy's Room" was extremely comfortable, with more than all necessary amenities. And the breakfast was wonderful! Plenty of excellent coffee, lovely breads, and delicious eggs. We sat on the porch for our very leisurely breakfast and enjoyed the company of our hosts, and the beautiful garden and surroundings in the foothills of the Shenandoah. We are planning our next trip there soon.

1  Thank ScottishTraveller045