“Not worth it...”

Rangoli
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I went to Rangoli looking at the reviews online.... It was a good restuarant with a decent ambience...
Started with chat ( papri chat, pav bhaji) and vada... the bhaji was stale... I was shocked when I first tasted it... Never in US have I had a stale food in the restuarants.... Papri chat was ok... The vada was so hard that, whenever i try to slice it, I would hit hard on my plate.... even after soaking it in sambar it was very hard... They served idli and masala dosa hot... that was good... The naan was also served hot.. but they served it when we came with our starters in our plate... by the time we started eating the naan... it was cold , hard and difficult to chew.... the curries were ok... nothing special... few had too much of salt.... the desserts were good compared to the rest of the food.... Being a veggie, this review is restricted to only veg items....

Itz really not worth the price. Will never visit again...

There are newer reviews for Rangoli

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I've eaten here for lunch twice, dinner once, and - most recently - carry out. I have never had a bad meal here and I am fairly difficult to please. They will add extra spice if you like hotter food.

The staff is friendly and attentive and the ambience is kind of luxurious. It would be a great place for a dinner date. As for the lunch buffet - it cannot be beaten for that price.

I very highly recommend this place. I believe they cater - that is definitely something I will be looking into.

1  Thank clh6262
Reviewed February 2, 2013

From the outside you won't think much of this but once you enter you are in for an unexpected treat more typical of a restaurant you would find in a big city.

Great food and service. Prices might be on the higher end but not overly expensive when compared to other Indian diner restaurants in the burbs but well worth it.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Since I am not an Indian food expert, all I can say is that I enjoy the food at Rangoli and have never had a bad experience. While I will agree that the dinner prices are a little high, you can't beat the value of the lunch buffet. Being a teacher, I don't get to eat out at lunch very often, but whenever there's a teacher workday, my friends and I go straight to Rangoli. It's conveniently located off Rt. 50, so it's an easy in and out, the buffet is large, varied, and quite reasonable. I eat here regularly, and plan to again as soon as possible!

Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

If you are looking for authentic indian food , this is not for you . If you have never had indian food and want to explore , this is a good start . Remember , it's not THAT indian.
The chef seems kinda confused .. Once got chicken when I ordered paneer.