“Cleaner Than A Bed And Breakfast”

Fairfield Inn & Suites South Hill I-85
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in South Hill
Quincy, Washington
“Cleaner Than A Bed And Breakfast”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

These folks here are amazing. Consistent results on every trip of the five I made all summer long, the attitude toward the customer is top-notch, and the rates were extremely accommodating.

Very clean and comfortable - I thought I was in a $300 room when it was only $100.

They are usually full during the summer, so book early.

Word to the wise...several times they were booked on my last minute business trips and I had to stay in the competitor's room for the first night of a two week trip and I just about died...trust me, the Fairfield IS THE ONLY PLACE to stay in South Hill.

Room Tip: All rooms are equally good on all four floors.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank nuzphtg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I am a frequent traveler and a Marriott Platinum member. I try to stay at Marriott Properties but am not shy about telling it like it is to the Property Owners or the Public.
I come to South Hill two-three times a year. The staff has always been attentive and nice, but that doesn't feed the bull dog if the rooms are bad. After all, that's why you come to a hotel isn't it?
I have always found my room(s) to be clean, well maintained. The hotel is mostly quiet except when there is a large group of 13 year old baseball players staying at the Hotel. <See I do remember last years mess>. I was warned when I checked in but was so glad they checked out the next day else I would have.
I do suggest staying here if in the area. But they need to keep the 'kids' on the first floor and the business folk on the top floor.

Room Tip: Call ahead to see if any Groups are booked at the same time you are. Go else where if there is. But...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank behrcowboy
White Plains, New York
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Only stayed 6 hours there but it was nice and cozy a good pull over when on the road to rest spot. Regular Marriott set up indoor pool and hot tub nice for the kids all food within a mile of hotel. Soft beds.free breakfast because it's a Fairfield inn. It nice and the staff was great

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank kevin k
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed November 4, 2013

First, there are several acceptable hotels to choose from in South Hill. I’ve stayed at Best Western, Comfort Inn and Fairfield Inn.

We reserved a NS King Suite and stayed a week this summer, and have stayed here about 4 times total (we earned a free room with a Marriott Promotion.

So many good things about this Fairfield… the rooms are fairly larger and the bathroom was huge (had a fan, large counter space). I didn’t use the pool, but I did use the exercise room, which was small, but had good equipment.

Breakfast was typical, with one meat (bacon/sausage), cereals, instant eggs, waffle station, the juices were always a bit watery, but I wasn’t expecting Tropicana.

The bathroom towels were mostly new/soft, occasionally one or two were coarse from use. Nice toiletries, but we had to ask for lotion at the front desk. We especially like the track/adjustable lighting above the bed.

Front desk staff were generally responsive, if not always friendly.

I have noticed the prices for this Fairfield have gone up about 15-20 percent this past year, so when we visit South Hill it is it now our 2nd or 3rd option behind Best Western or Comfort Inn, though it is probably the nicest/newest of the three.

We booked the suite to get a micro-fridge, but I was later told every room at this Fairfield has a micro/fridge.

Room Tip: We booked the suite to get a micro-fridge, but I was later told every room at this Fairfield has a m...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank slt8y1
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have stayed at various hotels with King Suites and this just was not what I expected. Most suites have a sitting area that is separated from the main sleeping area by a partial wall which gives some privacy. This sitting area was really close to the bed with very little room to pass by the sofa bed to get to the bathrrom. I was very happy with the hot breakfast.

Room Tip: If you feel a little cramped ask for another room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Texas City, Texas
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I was surprised at how quiet this hotel was. It was easy to find and had a large field behind it which must account for the quiet. The room had plenty of room and a good layout. Although the bathroom was similar in size to that of other hotels, the layout (not having the toilet in front of the tub) made it feel larger. It took a while to get hot water (4th floor) but the shower was fine once it warmed up. Be aware that although this is a non-smoking hotel, the "smoking area" is just outside the front door so there was usually a group of smokers whenever I went in or out. The wi-fi worked well. Breakfast was good. "Scrambled" eggs with salsa and shredded cheese toppings, pork sausage patties, and the usual mix of breads and cereals. The lady in the breakfast area was very friendly. The only problem I experienced was cigarette smoke coming into my bathroom as I was getting ready in the morning. Within a few minutes the bedroom was beginning to stink. I suspect a guest was ignoring the No Smoking policy and was smoking in the bathroom with the exhaust fan running, not realizing that this just blows it into the adjacent bathroom. I reported it to the front desk when I checked out and they were very apologetic and said they would look into it and make sure that the rooms were properly cleaned. In my opinion this is a very clean well-run hotel and I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank traveler10311
Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This is by far one of the cleanest hotels I have visited in quite awhile. The furnishings were modern and well cared for. The indoor pool and hot tub area was very nice and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The only downside was not the fault of the hotel but the drunk construction workers slamming door and smoking outside of my window at 2 a.m. When I called the front desk she went right out and asked them to leave or go back to the room and be quiet.
I plan on staying here again soon.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level room located on the front of the building. The suites are like being in a 5 s...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business