“Glad we made this reservation!”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in South Hill
Gloucester, Va
“Glad we made this reservation!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had made a reservation on the phone and when I got there the room they had assigned me was unsuitable for my wife (she's disabled and I had mentioned that on the phone). I went back to the front desk and told the clerk (who turned out to be Sandra th general manager) about it and asked if there was anything else closer to the elevator. She found me a better room at the same rate I had been quoted. It was an awesome room! Well, we got settled in and then found our a few hours later that the air conditioner was not working. Since it was late, the front desk provided a big fan to help try and make it comfortable. The first thing the next morning, the maintainance man came in and replace the unit in less than 30 mintues. This faciltity looks good, the continental brakfast was as good as any I have seen and the staff is first rate! Would definitely go back there in a slit second. And Sandra the GM is the jewel in the crown!

Room Tip: Make sure to let them know if there are any special needs or problems, they react quickly!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank davidejjr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were coming home for a "Surprise" birthday party for my Sister in lieu of other events that took place earlier that day. The room was cleaned and the Front Desk personnel was very pleasant and professional when I checked in and out. We even had a bulb burned out of our lamp and I had forgotten something in my car. When I came back to the room, the bulb had been delivered before I returned to the room! That was excellent customer service and she didn't have to go out her way, but I'm glad she did!! All in all, we had a pleasant stay and it is always nice to stay here.

2 Thank Charlie S
Bridgeport
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I had to stop in South Hill because the weather began to turn bad. We arrived at the Comfort Inn and was greated by the most pleasant lady. She was very nice and when we told her that we weren't planning on stopping and that we only stopped because of the weather she let us know that it was ok and she not only had a room for us, she also helped us sign up for Choice Privileges. She told us that we would be able to get points on our stays. Because of the friendly desk clerk we will be staying at Comfort Inn on our next stop. Driving to Atlanta is a long trip but I never considered stopping at a hotel on the way. I will stop from now on because of the enjoyable stay that we had.

I almost forgot to say how beautiful the hotel is. I was so suprised to see the color sceme and we even got a chance to take photos in front of the beautiful fountain in front of the hotel. The ice cycles were remarkable.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 1st floor and enjoyed visiting the business center and the loby. The hotel is b...
2 Thank Joanna E
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I love staying at Comfort Suites where ever I go I will always choose this Hotel. Because of my experience in south Hill. The Front desk lady was gracious I believe her name is Sandra just made my stay comfortable. The rooms were beautiful the bed was comfortable . I love my stay!!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank MscarmenO
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I enjoyed my stay, The breakfast was great and my room had a lot of space. The staff is very kind and helpful. They made me feel welcome and will definately stay again. I left my phone charger in my room when I checked out and they called me to let me know before I got too far away. I was able to double back and pick up my charger. Great Job!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Mark H
Clarksville Boydton,USA
Reviewed February 9, 2013

My Husband and my self and children in the Comfort Inn South Hill Virginia and found it to be exactly as the same. We first enjoyed a wonderful perpared breakfast with a variety suited for my Husband and Myself and encluded a wonderful selection the Children enjoyed also.The rooms were clean and comfortable. I would recommend to my family and friends.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms with windows facing the front of the building.
1 Thank Rita W
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Rooms were excellent. I wanted to take the bed home with me. The bathrooms were really clean. That's one of the first things. I check out when staying in a hotel. The towels were all neatly folded and placed.

• Stayed January 2013