Quality Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Comfort Inn(South Hill)
Wesco Motel(Chase City)
  • Pool
All reviewsboiled eggswould definitely stay here againrooms are cleanfree breakfastomeletlong drivemcdonaldstvmotelpetclerkcerealmicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 18, 2008

I have stayed at Comfort Inn hotels before, and had previously stayed, with great satisfaction, in the Comfort Inn of neighboring town Burkeville, VA. The South Hill, VA Comfort Inn was no comparison. I did not enjoy the accommodations during this trip at all. The room was beyond dirty with massive visible stains on the recliner. We were moved to an equally dirty room, and then offered yet another dirty room. Finally I just asked for sheets to cover everything, and we settled in for the night. The receptionist apologized and offered to comp us the pet fee for our two small dogs (who were the luckiest among us as they stayed in their clean kennels we transported from home). The refrigerator unit in our room did not cool, and as a result all of the snack items our children brought along in our cooler were lost. At checkout the fee for the pets was added to our bill anyway, and they even tried to charge us double what was stated on the website for four legged guest. By then my husband was so mad that all I could do was pay and quickly whisk my family away. I can give praise to the continental breakfast bar. It was well stocked, had a sufficient variety and was clean. If the rest of the hotel matched the lobby it would be worth a stay. With the way this establishment is currently kept the breakfast is not enough to entice me back.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2008

The staff was very nice; however, the area is not well lit considering the lack of parking for the hotel size. McDonald's was across the parking lot, but at the time there were about 4-5 loads of police lights flashing there. With that said, we decided to order in dinner.

Attempting to use the phone was a task and it hardly worked; it should be replaced. We had to depend on our cell phones. The lazyboy chair that was tightly placed in the corner was very dirty ; it needs a good cleaning/shampooing.

I'm not a fan of hotel rooms that lead right to the outdoors. I've found that this can be unsafe. I prefer hotels where the room will lead to an indoor hallway to walk to the front desk. Not only that it cuts down on the outside noise.

The rooms should match the lobby because the lobby was very nice.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed March 21, 2008

I have stayed at this Comfort Inn several times, most recently in March 2008. Very friendly staff, pleasant check-in. Nicely decorated lobby. This stay I opted to pay extra for a room with a jacuzzi, mainly because it was the only room left on the ground floor. Room was very nice, typical amenities. Jaccuzzi tub was about the same size as a standard bathtub, was located in the bedroom area and worked well. If they had installed it the other way though, you would be able to relax in the tub AND watch TV. Very relaxing after a long day on the road. My room had a recliner which was nice to kick back in and read. Room was clean and comfortable, decent pillows.I think all of the rooms have been recently refurbished and the ones I've stayed in have been nice. Flat screen HD TV, however, I've noticed each time I've stayed here the reception is so poor as to negate any exceptional qualities of the TV. The manager said she has complained to the cable company. I suspect that they need some distribution amplifiers in the hotel to boost the signal. I don't know why the hotel would spend the extra bucks for really nice TVs and then put up with poor signals. I also had a slow internet connection, which apparently is getting to be a problem there. Breakfast is OK, nothing exceptional, Breakfast room is very nice.
Parking is kind of tight at this property, and if you are extra security conscious, avoid the back side of the hotel. Overall this is an good place for an overnight stay. If the hotel would improve the TV reception and internet service I'd say it would be above average.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 23, 2007

I stayed there on business. The rooms were small, but adequate for my trip. They were clean and had recently been renovated. My room had a microwave and refrigerator. The breakfast was nice (waffles, bagels, fruit, oatmeal, grits, juices & milk) and fresh. There was Internet access, which was great for me. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Check in and check out was fast. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a business trip. It was very affordable.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed December 29, 2006

This property is in a good location, but rooms are small & they are renovating. We were told that they had painted & there might be paint smell. But, they are doing carpentry work & the room had dust all over with not completed work & never vacuumed. Beds ok, linens ok. We were promised a 10% discount but then were told couldn't do that because the mgr was on vacation!

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple