“Sorry, but not one of my favorites”

Hampton Inn South Hill
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in South Hill
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Being a Hampton FAN, I have to say I was a bit disappointing. My bed did not have a top sheet and the pillow comforter was much too hot. The window air conditioner came on like a jet engine every hour or so and woke me up. I have run into this kind of a/c unit before in some of the older properties and they really should have a switch that allows the fan to run continually. The property has been kept up to date, it was clean and the breakfast was up to standard.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn South Hill

Reviewed June 21, 2013

The hotel was clean. The staff was very polite and helpful. Breakfast was more than we expected. I was also pleasantly surprised that the Wi-Fi was easy to use since I am not an expert user. We will stay at this Hampton Inn on our return trips to the area.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

The Hampton Hill in South Hill, VA is always clean, comfortable and the staff always provides excellent customer service. We have stayed at various Hampton Inns throughout the US and always have a great experience. They never disappoint us.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

As a former diamond VIP, I expected this service from the full service properties. The newly designed rooms, lobby and breakfast counters and bar are wonderful...Well done in every way, I may drive down south more often vs. taking the flight.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Have stayed here several times before and it was once again a pleasurable experience.. Hotel staff was very helpful and the hotel and my room was clean and well stocked with all amenities that I needed

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Chad M
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stopped here on our way to the NC Mountains. It is approximately 7.5 hours from central Jersey, so a good stop. This was a rewards stay for us so I assume that's why we got an extra large room, which included a wet bar/kitchen area. While it was nice to have the extra sink, the cabinets served no purpose since they held no dishware or even had shelves! I'm not sure what the point was. Anyway, the room was fine. Registration was simple. There were jars of cookies and pretzels in the lobby which were appreciated. Breakfast was typical Hampton Inn fare, which we did not have.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I had to travel down to this area for work and needed a decent and reasonably priced place to lay my head down. The room was clean, toiletries well-appointed, and towels white and fluffy.

Breakfast was good with waffles, english muffins, bagels, toast, pastries, sausage, eggs, cereal, fruit, yogurt, OJ, milk, juice and coffee. Good selection.

Only issue was that the side door wouldn't let me in with my room key, so while loading/unloading my car to my room (right next to the side entrance) I had to trek all the way to the front door each time. Otherwise, I will definitely use this place again when I travel to this area.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
#4 of 7 in South Hill
Lamplight Inn B&B
Lamplight Inn B&B
#2 of 3 in Henderson

Been to Hampton Inn South Hill? Share your experiences!