“Nice family style restaurant.”
Review of Ernie's Restaurant

Ernie's Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 48 Restaurants in South Boston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Reisterstown, Maryland, United States
“Nice family style restaurant.”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

My cousins always bring their guests here. For me, it's not a trip to South Boston without dinner at Ernie's. We always get the buffet and there is always a nice selection. It's not fancy, just good. The wait staff is friendly and it seems like a spot that has many local regulars.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank Kirke W

“Wonderful food and atmosphere.”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

My grandmother loved this place. So I had to see why. Wow, the Sunday buffet was fresh and tasty.
My grandmother has passed away....but each time I visit the area the memories of our time st Ernie lingers.
Great staff and thanks for the southern hospitality.

2 Thank Yum4tum
Bethany Beach, DE
“Great Sunday Buffet”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Being out-of-towners, we drove by this place and it looked really crowded at 2 on a Sunday afternoon. We figured tbis is where the locals go so we thought we would try it. Great buffet for 9.25 per person. Selection of ham, roast beef, the juiciest chicken ever. Someseafood items but i didnt have any. Great salad bar and good sides. Desserts looked good but i was too full to try any.

Danville, VA
“Beautiful Little Restaurant!”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Food is pretty good...but be sure and get a table overlooking the lake. It makes the food even better! Enjoy!

Dallas, Texas
“Great Home Cooking!”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

We stumbled upon this restaurant almost by mistake. We drove through South Boston on our way back from Fairy Stone Park, and thanks to my GPS (who I named Sacajawea) she took us a different route than usual, and we spotted this gem. For some unknown reason, Ernie's is not on the list of restaurants for that city!!!

Ernie's is an institution, and you don't stay in business for over 50 years by serving crappy food!! The buffet was nicely presented, lots of selections, and for a very reasonable price - about $7 for lunch. You can also order off their extensive menu, but my S/O is a big buffet hound..LOL. I took what I thought was Mac & Cheese, but turned out to be Chicken Tetrazzini, and OMG it was the best I've ever tasted.

If you sit in the back, you have a view of a pond and one VERY friendly duck, who was there to greet us at the front door when we arrived.

We chatted with the owner's son, and he couldn't have been nicer. He did mention that his restaurant doesn't come up on GPS systems, and sure enough he was right... I saved it in my "favorites", as we are always fishing somewhere in the vicinity, and will be back for sure.

• Visited October 2011