“Beautiful Little Restaurant!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Danville, VA
“Beautiful Little Restaurant!”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Food is pretty good...but be sure and get a table overlooking the lake. It makes the food even better! Enjoy!

Dallas, Texas
“Great Home Cooking!”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

We stumbled upon this restaurant almost by mistake. We drove through South Boston on our way back from Fairy Stone Park, and thanks to my GPS (who I named Sacajawea) she took us a different route than usual, and we spotted this gem. For some unknown reason, Ernie's is not on the list of restaurants for that city!!!

Ernie's is an institution, and you don't stay in business for over 50 years by serving crappy food!! The buffet was nicely presented, lots of selections, and for a very reasonable price - about $7 for lunch. You can also order off their extensive menu, but my S/O is a big buffet hound..LOL. I took what I thought was Mac & Cheese, but turned out to be Chicken Tetrazzini, and OMG it was the best I've ever tasted.

If you sit in the back, you have a view of a pond and one VERY friendly duck, who was there to greet us at the front door when we arrived.

We chatted with the owner's son, and he couldn't have been nicer. He did mention that his restaurant doesn't come up on GPS systems, and sure enough he was right... I saved it in my "favorites", as we are always fishing somewhere in the vicinity, and will be back for sure.

• Visited October 2011
Virginia
“A "don't miss" in South Boston”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Four of us went on a girlfriends getaway. The buffet is wonderful here! Everything was great - cabbage, stewed tomatoes, baby limas, rolls, hushpuppies, bbq chicken, fish, pole (green) beans, pork bbq, many types of salads, many desserts, on and on. The bbq is cooked onsite. Everything was of great quality. I think the buffett was $8.99, very affordable, and you can also order from a menu. The view in the front room is of the road, the view in the back room is of tree tops. It won't matter, you will be too busy eating. Ernie's is excellent in everyway.

• Visited July 2011
Halifax, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food great, but ...”
Reviewed March 9, 2011

Food great, but the owners of this establishment leave a bad taste.

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank allsmiles72
East coast
“veiws and dinner”
Reviewed December 2, 2010

I went to Ernie's Restaurant several times. I have never been disappointed. They always have a wonder selection of food on the buffet. It's a wonderful place to have dinner or lunch. The views in the back room add a lot to the experience, just ask and you can be seated there. The food is truly a comfort and the staff are friendly and kind.