“As expected, but poor service”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #28 of 50 Restaurants in South Boston
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Conveniently located, standard Applebee's fare. Service inattentive. Had to keep calling waitress back for routine tasks, e.g., silverware, water and soda refills, and even to get check. Management apparently not very diligent in training or supervising wait staff.

1  Thank Hoosiertraveler007

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I had to be in South Boston for business and ended up here one night. Nothing to complain about really, but nothing to rave about either. It was a typical Applebee's. I figured I knew what I was going to get here versus other local places that had mixed reviews. The food was ok. The only issue I had was that my salad had pieces of ice in it, so it was obvious it was frozen and not that fresh. My steak was pretty good, though. The waitress was very pleasant and efficient. I really didn't have to wait long for service, my food, or my check. If you need a place to eat later at night in South Boston, this is probably one of the few, though.

1  Thank Christian D
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We have gone to this Applebee's for years. There are certain waitresses that are much better than others. Found out tonight that the absolute best waitress at this location is no longer employed. This is Applebee's loss not hers. Enjoyed her service, she was always friendly and efficient! We will miss you Brandy! Guess we will have to find a new favorite restaurant.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I went to eat here and the price was on the expensive side and the food wasn't even that good! I had to wait forever for my meal and then the waitress was not friendly at all!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

The food was good, the service was good service. The food is a good value for what you get. The atmosphere is great and the location is good.