“Not Too Good” 2 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children
Alton, Virginia
“Not Too Good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

I went to eat here and the price was on the expensive side and the food wasn't even that good! I had to wait forever for my meal and then the waitress was not friendly at all!

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Roxboro, North Carolina, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“nice visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

The food was good, the service was good service. The food is a good value for what you get. The atmosphere is great and the location is good.

Visited May 2012
Roxboro, North Carolina
“It is what it Is”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Applebee's does a lot of things right as far as service, advertising, etc. but their food is just boring and I think leaves the kitchen with no possibility of impressing anyone who knows good diner food. My guess is that it all comes in frozen and portioned out and mirowaved or flash-fried. If I am used to this type of food preparation, I'd be satisfied. But, I'm not.
We had a very hard-working wait staff and friendly manager but two of our items had an off-taste that was a drag. It was a busy Sunday right after church and the place was packed but this Applebee's has been open for years.

• Visited August 2012
Enterprise, NV.
“dirty & poor service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

Normally, you can expect consistency at an Applebees, but not in South Boston. Neither, the hostess or waitress knew the menu. Although it was not busy (3PM), we waited over a half hour for the food preparation and the meal was bland. The manager asked how our meal was, I explained that we had to wait so long and her reply was that some times they are busy. There wasn't 10 other people there! I'll never go back.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Joe D
Lucknow, India
“good food, service and ambience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

When we reached Boston at about 10pm, this was the closest open restaurants near Holiday Inn Express on Boston Street. The food was so-so, drinks great, service warm and very fast, and we did had a great time here. Will like to go there again whenever next in that area, parking is huge and mostly available in the evenings,

• Visited September 2012