“Bad service, Terrible Rooms”

Days Inn & Suites South Boston
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in South Boston
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I paid $114 for one night stay at this location on 6/20. Figured since it was a Holiday Inn, it would be decent. I was wrong. The room just looked old and shabby. The linens were nice, but the room itself was disgusting. I went into the room and put drinks for work the next day in the refrigerator. Took them out in the morning- same temperature as they were when I put them in. It didn't work. The lights wouldn't turn on when I went to turn them on, so I pulled out the nightstand- there was a dead bug and a used, bent Q-tip behind it. Disgusting. The AC didn't work well, the bathroom was dingy, the toilet ran all night long, and to top it off, I requested a 5:45 am wake up call that wasn't delivered until 6 am. I should have just driven the extra 30 mins to get where I was going...

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank KristinRN78
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Suites South Boston, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Dear KristinRN78,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the unacceptable service and room accommodations you received. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. We work very hard to be the best hotel around that provides world class excellence. For that reason, I will make sure your comments will be looked into. I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details regarding your experience during your stay. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Days Inn & Suites South Boston

Reviewed April 22, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights after a busy week , hotel was very clean , friendly staff and good breakfast , i had the presidents suite on the 1st floor which had two rooms that were extremly comfortable . The front desk service was absolutely wonderful specialy the manager over there he is well trained and responsible person we had a problem with the next door customers they were making too much noise we called the front desk and we talked to "kimo" he saw how incredibly upset i was and quickly stepped into action!!! And he apologized to us as it was his fault and change us to another presidents suite , he didnt panic and he went out of his way to be nice to me and my wife. If u are comming to holiday inn express in south boston and u have any issues just say the magic word " kimoooooooooooooo " and he will be infront of u to deal with the issue . "kimo" thank u very much and we will always be in contact with u also i must let u know that we are coming back in july with all of our family members be ready for us ..........

Room Tip: Ask for kimo before u check in
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Kingarthur420
Kareem B, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Suites South Boston, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear satisfied guest,

Our staff are very happy to see their efforts result in a great experience for you. Thank you for sharing your experience about our excellent hotel and we look forward to your visit with your whole family on your next visit. It was our pleasure to have you be our guest!

Glad you had a safe journey home!

Reviewed March 14, 2012

I travel frequently and Corporate has preferred hotels for us to stay at. From the outside the hotel looks OK. The common areas - look fair and have the newer Holiday Inn Express appearance. The rooms on the other hand are AWFUL. The decor is outdated and even worse the rooms are dirty and dingy. The towels and floor mat in the bathroom were torn and had holes. My shoes stuck to the floor in the bathroom and I won't even bother to describe the carpet beyond dark and stainned.

The heat \ AC unit groaned all night and rattled the window above. The refrigerator also made so much noise that I just unplugged it and replugged it when I left.

The gap around the door and no closer was also a safety concern.

Avoid this place. There is a brand new Fairfield down the road - when I come back to the area that's where I plan on staying

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank J G
IHGCare, Guest Relations Case Manager at Days Inn & Suites South Boston, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

Dear J G,

Thank you for your most recent stay with us.
I am sorry that we fell below your expectaions.
We are hospitality proffesionals and strive to be the best.
I hope you have a chance to stay with us again.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 7, 2012

Well priced accommodation with comfortable rooms. Only a short train ride to Boston City. included breakfast adequate and consistent fro Holiday Inn standards. Short walk to shopping and selection of restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank BARGK

Dear satisfied guest,

Glad you had a safe journey home!

Reviewed January 26, 2012

1) This is not a Holiday Inn Express. This is an old raggedy Holiday Inn with "Holiday Inn Express" stickers stuck over the old Holiday Inn insignias, including the door room numbers. Pathetic.

2) When I checked in, the receptionist did not remove his iPod buds throughout the checkin process. Really? I mean, really?

3) There are holes in the walls that have been basically taped back shut, uneven floors, and stained carpeting.

4) The wireless internet, which is not even password protected, is glacially slow. GLACIAL. Totally unacceptable in 2012.

5) Toilet phantom flushes. There are holes in the wall in the bathroom. No joke.

All of this is true in their "presidential suite." I'd hate to think what the regular folk are renting, y'know? Eek.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I stayed here for work the first week of December in room 136. While adequate, clean and comfortable, when I entered or exited the room the door would not close completely without being pulled or pushed shut. As a woman traveling alone, I found this very disturbing!! I will be calling corporate about this severe safety issue!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Dear mbrumit

thank you so much for taking your time and review our property , and thank you for bringing that door issue to our attention and we want to let you know this issue is been addressed and it's already fixed , we are so looking forward for your next visit .

Reviewed September 15, 2011

Me and my family stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in South Boston VA. The beds were awesome. soft and comfy. The breakfast is delicious. A good hot breakfast to help start your day. We have stayed at this hotel before. No complaints. They also have a nice size outdoor pool. It was raining, hurricane irene, and we were unable to get in.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank sexymomma29
Kareem B, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Suites South Boston, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Sexymomma29

Thank you so much for sharing your good experience that you had when you stayed with us, that makes us work even harder to make everybody's stay more enjoyable, We are so glad you and your family enjoyed your family reunion staying here with us , hope to see you again this year .

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Boston
#1 of 2 in Clarksville
Hampton Inn Roxboro
Hampton Inn Roxboro
#1 of 3 in Roxboro

Been to Days Inn & Suites South Boston? Share your experiences!