Days Inn & Suites South Boston
Fairfield Inn
$149
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsoutdoor poolhot itemsfront desk personnelgreat roomstay at this hotel againfirst floorconvenient locationbusy weekendbeds were comfortablenice place to stayfamily membersnight's sleepstaff was friendlyfree breakfastreunionfranchisemessed
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I travel frequently and Corporate has preferred hotels for us to stay at. From the outside the hotel looks OK. The common areas - look fair and have the newer Holiday Inn Express appearance. The rooms on the other hand are AWFUL. The decor is outdated and even worse the rooms are dirty and dingy. The towels and floor mat in the bathroom were torn and had holes. My shoes stuck to the floor in the bathroom and I won't even bother to describe the carpet beyond dark and stainned.

The heat \ AC unit groaned all night and rattled the window above. The refrigerator also made so much noise that I just unplugged it and replugged it when I left.

The gap around the door and no closer was also a safety concern.

Avoid this place. There is a brand new Fairfield down the road - when I come back to the area that's where I plan on staying

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank J G
IHGCare, Guest Relations Case Manager at Days Inn & Suites South Boston, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

Dear J G,

Thank you for your most recent stay with us.
I am sorry that we fell below your expectaions.
We are hospitality proffesionals and strive to be the best.
I hope you have a chance to stay with us again.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 7, 2012

Well priced accommodation with comfortable rooms. Only a short train ride to Boston City. included breakfast adequate and consistent fro Holiday Inn standards. Short walk to shopping and selection of restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank BARGK
Kareem B, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Suites South Boston, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear satisfied guest,

Our staff are very happy to see their efforts result in a great experience for you. Thank you for sharing your experience about our excellent hotel and we look forward to your visit with your whole family on your next visit. It was our pleasure to have you be our guest!

Glad you had a safe journey home!

Reviewed January 26, 2012

1) This is not a Holiday Inn Express. This is an old raggedy Holiday Inn with "Holiday Inn Express" stickers stuck over the old Holiday Inn insignias, including the door room numbers. Pathetic.

2) When I checked in, the receptionist did not remove his iPod buds throughout the checkin process. Really? I mean, really?

3) There are holes in the walls that have been basically taped back shut, uneven floors, and stained carpeting.

4) The wireless internet, which is not even password protected, is glacially slow. GLACIAL. Totally unacceptable in 2012.

5) Toilet phantom flushes. There are holes in the wall in the bathroom. No joke.

All of this is true in their "presidential suite." I'd hate to think what the regular folk are renting, y'know? Eek.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I stayed here for work the first week of December in room 136. While adequate, clean and comfortable, when I entered or exited the room the door would not close completely without being pulled or pushed shut. As a woman traveling alone, I found this very disturbing!! I will be calling corporate about this severe safety issue!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Dear mbrumit

thank you so much for taking your time and review our property , and thank you for bringing that door issue to our attention and we want to let you know this issue is been addressed and it's already fixed , we are so looking forward for your next visit .

Reviewed September 15, 2011

Me and my family stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in South Boston VA. The beds were awesome. soft and comfy. The breakfast is delicious. A good hot breakfast to help start your day. We have stayed at this hotel before. No complaints. They also have a nice size outdoor pool. It was raining, hurricane irene, and we were unable to get in.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank sexymomma29
Kareem B, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Suites South Boston, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Sexymomma29

Thank you so much for sharing your good experience that you had when you stayed with us, that makes us work even harder to make everybody's stay more enjoyable, We are so glad you and your family enjoyed your family reunion staying here with us , hope to see you again this year .