“very nice hotel”

Super 8 South Boston VA
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in South Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We were tired and not in the best of moods from hours of driving in heavy truck traffic. The reception we received was very pleasant and a "glad to see you" feeling. The price was an unexpected treat also. Very nice hotel at a very welcome price.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Lisha B, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 South Boston VA, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words. I have shared your insight with my staff and we hope to see you staying with us again when you visit.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I was in the town to visit my family for holidays. I have stayed at this Super 8 before. But I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised with the new TV. I am glad that they finally got rid of those old age Tv's. The new staff is very nice and courteous. I felt respected and welcome. I am happy and stay here again next time I come to visit my family.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Lisha B, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 South Boston VA, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Thank you so much for letting us know how wonderful your stay was with us. I will let the front desk clerk read this so she knows how great she was. We hope you come stay with us again.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

No complaints at all, the front desk staff are wonderful people and the room was spotless. Free wifi would stay again. Close to shops and restaurants and the lobby has coffee that is actually drinkable!

• Stayed: December 2013
Lisha B, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 South Boston VA, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. I will be sure to pass them along to the staff. It just goes to show what a great staff can do. I hope if you are ever in need of a room in this area again you will think of us. From us to you have a happy holiday season.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

The Super 8 in South Boston is located right next to a family-owned Pizzeria, so you'll always have the option of Italian for dinner! :) It's also located .5 miles from McDonalds and BK. There is a big, and inexpensive gas station near by, so you can refuel before departing for your trip the following day.

The Super 8 itself has incredibly friendly staff. Deesha (I believe is the way it's spelled) is one of the most pleasant, friendly, and personable receptionists I've ever met. My sister and I were traveling together and it was also Thanksgiving. We were pretty bummed because all the restaurants were closed and we were famished. My sister and I went down to the vending machines, and it was seriously a flashback to 1990. When things from a VENDING MACHINE cost 50 cents. Everything was 50 cents, just about! Cheez It, Candy, different types of pastries. Cans of soda were only 50 cents. If for any reason, This is the reason to stay!

The rooms were clean and the bathroom was very clean as well. The A/C and Heating unit was verrrrry efficient! We turned it on when we got in the room, and it warmed up the whole room in like 5 minutes. There is a microwave, fridge and freezer, safe, ironing board, TV with a swivel stand so, my sister could see it just as well as me sitting on the other side of the room. The TV has about 70+ channels.

The next morning I called down and they even allowed us to check-out at noon, instead of 11 without any extra charge.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

First of all let me say thank you for writing a response for our hotel. We do really appreciate them. I am glad that you had a good stay here. If you are ever in need of a room again in this area please think of us. Have a wonderful holiday season, from all of us here to you and yours.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 12, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Devin S
Lisha B, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 South Boston VA, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2016

Reviewed November 6, 2013