“Immensely satisfied with my stay”

Super 8 South Boston VA
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in South Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Spokane, Washington
“Immensely satisfied with my stay”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

The Super 8 in South Boston is located right next to a family-owned Pizzeria, so you'll always have the option of Italian for dinner! :) It's also located .5 miles from McDonalds and BK. There is a big, and inexpensive gas station near by, so you can refuel before departing for your trip the following day.

The Super 8 itself has incredibly friendly staff. Deesha (I believe is the way it's spelled) is one of the most pleasant, friendly, and personable receptionists I've ever met. My sister and I were traveling together and it was also Thanksgiving. We were pretty bummed because all the restaurants were closed and we were famished. My sister and I went down to the vending machines, and it was seriously a flashback to 1990. When things from a VENDING MACHINE cost 50 cents. Everything was 50 cents, just about! Cheez It, Candy, different types of pastries. Cans of soda were only 50 cents. If for any reason, This is the reason to stay!

The rooms were clean and the bathroom was very clean as well. The A/C and Heating unit was verrrrry efficient! We turned it on when we got in the room, and it warmed up the whole room in like 5 minutes. There is a microwave, fridge and freezer, safe, ironing board, TV with a swivel stand so, my sister could see it just as well as me sitting on the other side of the room. The TV has about 70+ channels.

The next morning I called down and they even allowed us to check-out at noon, instead of 11 without any extra charge.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Lisha B, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 South Boston VA, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
First of all let me say thank you for writing a response for our hotel. We do really appreciate them. I am glad that you had a good stay here. If you are ever in need of a room again in this area please think of us. Have a wonderful holiday season, from all of us here to you and yours.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Boydton
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Clean the rooms make sure the sheets are clean, Be sure the room smalls good not like cat urion, And no bugsssssssssss.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Lisha B, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 South Boston VA, responded to this review, January 18, 2016
Thank you for your review . We had completely remodeled this Super 8 in 2015 .
I would like to invite you to come and visit us whenever you are in area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Boston
#1 of 2 in Clarksville
Hampton Inn Roxboro
Hampton Inn Roxboro
#1 of 3 in Roxboro

Been to Super 8 South Boston VA? Share your experiences!