“friendly”

GreenLeadersBronze level
NEWPORT
“friendly”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

very friendly staff. nice location. very clean. nice staff. clean rooms. breakfast could have had more selection.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

GM3823, General Manager at Super 8 South Boston VA, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thanks for choosing Super 8 South Boston for your lodging needs. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Hopefully we can be of service to you the near future.

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Chesapeake
Reviewed October 23, 2012

First the staff was very friendly, courteous and accomodating. We stayed in room 129. The microwave was very dirty and I cleaned it before we could use it. The bathroom needed work. The tub was dirty and the walls needed to be wiped down.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

GM3823, General Manager at Super 8 South Boston VA, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay here. We appreciate the thumbs up on the friendliness of the staff, and I also apologize for the negligence of my housekeeping staff. I really do appreciate you pointing out to me specific issues and room numbers. It's very difficult to address problems when you don't know where to start. I will address it matter ASAP. Hopefully, you will give us another try!

COOLIDGE
Reviewed October 7, 2012

When I checked in I told the clerk I need internet access she said it was good, I got to room & had no service , was moved to another room that had service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

We are pleased that you chose our motel for you lodging needs. I do apolgize for the internet issues that you experienced. We have identified a problem with the signal strength in certain parts of the building and are looking into ways to fix the issue. Thanks for your comments.

Ontario
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Recently did some track time at VIR which is 25 minutes away from the track.

The room wasnt ready, so we decided to grab some lunch. Came back an hour later and was handed our room key. The minute we walked into the room i told my wife not to touch anything.
How does a large organization such as Super 8 allow these operators to stay in business?

This place is a mess, the chair in the room was worn out beyond belief. I checked for bed bugs right away and sure enough there were signs of them on the mattress.
The smell of the room itself was musty.

We went down to the front counter and told the girl at the counter we wont be staying here.
There are far more nicer places just down the road such as the Holiday Inn or Marriaot.

Stay away.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lisha B, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 South Boston VA, responded to this review, January 18, 2016
Thank you for your review . We had completely remodeled this Super 8 in 2015 .
I would like to invite you to come and visit us whenever you are in area.
Winchester,VA
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Clean rooms, friendly service. I recently stayed with our car club while attending events at VIR track. We had (10) rooms and everyone liked the location close to the track and restaurants nearby. The other choice was Marriott but the price was double what we paid.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review . We had completely remodeled this Super 8 in 2015 .
I would like to invite you to come and visit us whenever you are in area.
Reisterstown, Maryland, United States
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I had a decent stay here.. It is not fancy, but the room was clean and comfortable. It's not as new as some of the other hotels in the area, but I think I got a decent room for the price. The breakfast they offer is no frills, but there are some fast food places across the road if you want a quick, cheap, hot breakfast. The front desk staff were pleasant. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Kirke W
, Manager at Super 8 South Boston VA, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thanks for taking time out to post positive comments on our property. We try to offer quailty service at the best value. Hope to see you again on your next trip to the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Boston
#1 of 2 in Clarksville
Hampton Inn Roxboro
Hampton Inn Roxboro
#1 of 3 in Roxboro

Been to Super 8 South Boston VA? Share your experiences!