“Internet sucked”

GreenLeadersBronze level
COOLIDGE
“Internet sucked”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

When I checked in I told the clerk I need internet access she said it was good, I got to room & had no service , was moved to another room that had service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

GM3823, General Manager at Super 8 South Boston VA, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
We are pleased that you chose our motel for you lodging needs. I do apolgize for the internet issues that you experienced. We have identified a problem with the signal strength in certain parts of the building and are looking into ways to fix the issue. Thanks for your comments.

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Ontario
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Recently did some track time at VIR which is 25 minutes away from the track.

The room wasnt ready, so we decided to grab some lunch. Came back an hour later and was handed our room key. The minute we walked into the room i told my wife not to touch anything.
How does a large organization such as Super 8 allow these operators to stay in business?

This place is a mess, the chair in the room was worn out beyond belief. I checked for bed bugs right away and sure enough there were signs of them on the mattress.
The smell of the room itself was musty.

We went down to the front counter and told the girl at the counter we wont be staying here.
There are far more nicer places just down the road such as the Holiday Inn or Marriaot.

Stay away.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lisha B, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 South Boston VA, responded to this review, January 18, 2016
Winchester,VA
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Clean rooms, friendly service. I recently stayed with our car club while attending events at VIR track. We had (10) rooms and everyone liked the location close to the track and restaurants nearby. The other choice was Marriott but the price was double what we paid.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Reisterstown, Maryland, United States
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I had a decent stay here.. It is not fancy, but the room was clean and comfortable. It's not as new as some of the other hotels in the area, but I think I got a decent room for the price. The breakfast they offer is no frills, but there are some fast food places across the road if you want a quick, cheap, hot breakfast. The front desk staff were pleasant. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Kirke W
, Manager at Super 8 South Boston VA, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thanks for taking time out to post positive comments on our property. We try to offer quailty service at the best value. Hope to see you again on your next trip to the area.
pleasant garden
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Stayed at this hotel every month for about a year. There are only a couple hotels in this town and my company unfortunatly put us in this one.... The manager their always had a bad attitude and the place usually had a bad stinch in the air all through the hotel.... Recently had to stays there due to all the other hotels being booked. My toilet did not flush properly so i let the front desk know. The next day it was still not fixed and i was told that all the toilets there were like that and you dad to hold down on the handle during the entire flush for them to flush properly. Not accepting this answer i called super 8 and filed a complaint. The next day i had a note from the manager telling me that if i had any more problems to come see her. (toilet still not fixed and same old bad attitude) Checked out this morning!!! Thank God

Room Tip: go to the Holiday Inn down the street!! a little more but worth it!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed May 14, 2010

This was a great place to stay. We were moving and stayed here for almost a month. The rooms were big, nice and very, very, clean. All of the staff was nice,friendly and very helpful. The kids also liked it. I had a good stay here and the price was also good.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank moralesandmejia55
SW Virginia
Reviewed April 2, 2010

I stayed here one night, upon check in the outside of hotel was light up like day with bright orange and white lights. When you enter the lobby, to get someone to the front desk you have to use the lobby phone, dial 0 to get someone to check you in. The lady at the front desk seemed less than thrilled to be there, and even less thrilled that I was there. I was given a passcode to get on the wifi internet, and I tried a combination of of what was on that paper, then to find out upon calling the front desk that it was lower case letters, of which the paper showed upper case, and a zero which looked like a letter O. The bathroom was okay with some of the wall paper curling up in the corners. Back to the High Speed Internet. I finally got connected, and it was so slow, a basic page like facebook would take no less than 3 minutes to load. It was much slower than dial up. The bed was comfy, but a bed that I slept on top of the comforter. This hotel seems to need a overhaul and maybe some new management.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
#1 of 2 in Clarksville
Hampton Inn Roxboro
Hampton Inn Roxboro
#1 of 3 in Roxboro

Been to Super 8 South Boston VA? Share your experiences!