“Nice, but not fancy.”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Reisterstown, Maryland, United States
“Nice, but not fancy.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

I had a decent stay here.. It is not fancy, but the room was clean and comfortable. It's not as new as some of the other hotels in the area, but I think I got a decent room for the price. The breakfast they offer is no frills, but there are some fast food places across the road if you want a quick, cheap, hot breakfast. The front desk staff were pleasant. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Kirke W
, Manager at Super 8 South Boston VA, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thanks for taking time out to post positive comments on our property. We try to offer quailty service at the best value. Hope to see you again on your next trip to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
pleasant garden
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

Stayed at this hotel every month for about a year. There are only a couple hotels in this town and my company unfortunatly put us in this one.... The manager their always had a bad attitude and the place usually had a bad stinch in the air all through the hotel.... Recently had to stays there due to all the other hotels being booked. My toilet did not flush properly so i let the front desk know. The next day it was still not fixed and i was told that all the toilets there were like that and you dad to hold down on the handle during the entire flush for them to flush properly. Not accepting this answer i called super 8 and filed a complaint. The next day i had a note from the manager telling me that if i had any more problems to come see her. (toilet still not fixed and same old bad attitude) Checked out this morning!!! Thank God

Room Tip: go to the Holiday Inn down the street!! a little more but worth it!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Lisha B, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 South Boston VA, responded to this review, January 18, 2016
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2010

This was a great place to stay. We were moving and stayed here for almost a month. The rooms were big, nice and very, very, clean. All of the staff was nice,friendly and very helpful. The kids also liked it. I had a good stay here and the price was also good.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank moralesandmejia55
SW Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2010

I stayed here one night, upon check in the outside of hotel was light up like day with bright orange and white lights. When you enter the lobby, to get someone to the front desk you have to use the lobby phone, dial 0 to get someone to check you in. The lady at the front desk seemed less than thrilled to be there, and even less thrilled that I was there. I was given a passcode to get on the wifi internet, and I tried a combination of of what was on that paper, then to find out upon calling the front desk that it was lower case letters, of which the paper showed upper case, and a zero which looked like a letter O. The bathroom was okay with some of the wall paper curling up in the corners. Back to the High Speed Internet. I finally got connected, and it was so slow, a basic page like facebook would take no less than 3 minutes to load. It was much slower than dial up. The bed was comfy, but a bed that I slept on top of the comforter. This hotel seems to need a overhaul and maybe some new management.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank ChrisinVA
Pikeville, KY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2010

I'm a trucker and I happened to be traveling through So. Boston, VA and needed a room for the night. I called my wife (at home) and she found this Super 8 hotel online and now I'm relaxing in a clean room for the night. Wish I was at home in my nice soft bed, but this one (though very hard) is at least clean.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank KyPreacher
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2009

The room was spotless and well equiped with microwave, fridge, etc. The Front Desk and Housekeeping were excellent, in fact, the staff, to a person, were very nice and accomodating. We brought our dog and there was room to walk her and the fee for pets was quite reasonable. On the negative side, the coffee in the room and in the lobby was terrible tasting. The coffee in the room was stale and the barely hot. The bathroom soap was hard and unpleasant smelling. Still, a great hotel, just bring your own soap and go out for coffee.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SFbmore
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2008

Really nice place and the price is right!

• Liked — Clean comfortable rooms at the right price
  • Disliked — Breakfast bar could have been a little bit bigger but what the hey.
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Towerman
#1 of 2 in Clarksville
Hampton Inn Roxboro
Hampton Inn Roxboro
#1 of 3 in Roxboro

Been to Super 8 South Boston VA? Share your experiences!