Smithfield Station
Express Inn(Newport News)
$60
$51
$85
Key West Inn(Newport News)
$50
$51
$78
$43
TripAdvisor
All reviewspagan riversmithfield hamwindsor castle parkchocolate covered strawberriesbalcony overlookingcrab cakeselectric fireplacemurphy bedlodge roomsbottle of champagnejetted tubquaint townlight houselarge bathroomattached restaurantwater viewwalk in shower
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We spent 4 days at The Smithfield Station and couldn't be happier with the entire stay! Between the friendly staff, the spacious fireplace room, views, and delicious meals at the restaurant - we came away feeling relaxed and having created wonderful family memories.

We spent 4 full days in town (in January), but still found ourselves wishing we had more time there! There was a great park across from the hotel, where we enjoyed walking during the day and seeing a ton of wildlife, water views, and great historic buildings. The town has a ton of fun little shops, artwork, and a great museum for the kids. Meals were easy because the restaurant at the hotel was so accommodating to kids, and the food was delicious (we ate at least one meal there every day)!! We loved our trip (complete with a picturesque snow day) and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
rpack76, Owner at Smithfield Station, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thanks Amy L. It was great meeting you guys this week and we appreciate the review. I am glad your daughter was able to see her first snow ever in Smithfield, but hope we can hold off on that weather until next year lol! I look forward to you guys coming up again this spring. If there is anything else I can assist you all with, please let me know as you now have my direct number!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We are about to embark on our third visit to Smithfield Station. We have visited for the past three years in February (to coincide with my birthday, and for the past one, and this one, we have brought friends with us). I can say that we are very excited. This is always a highlight of our year, and one we hope to continue for many years to come. The rooms are beautiful, the views magnificent, the charm of the Station is not easily found anywhere. The staff are always so friendly and accommodating, and the food is out of this world. I woke up this morning to the lovely reminder of all we have to look forward to this coming weekend! I just wanted to add my comments to this site - if you are checking reviews to determine whether or not you should visit this beautiful hotel, check no further! We have never had anything but positive experiences and look forward to another one in a few days. From the quaint boardwalk shops to the walking trails in the park across the street, from the gorgeous balcony view to the fireplace in the restaurant, there is nothing about Smithfield Station that doesn't invite relaxation and enjoyment.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Always a pleasure to have you guys Tinabell! From the note you sent me after you guys left, I am glad to hear we were able to satisfy you again! If you ever need anything else, you know how to reach me.

Randy

Reviewed January 19, 2013

If you are looking for a quiet place to just recharge your inner battery, this is it! You know you have found a keeper when you can go to a place in early January and leave feeling renewed. This place does not have too many bells and whistles which allows you to unwind and just settle in. The room is cozy, clean and very comfortable (including the bed which in my book can make or break a stay). The fireplace is a nice addition. The view from my room of the river was tranquil and soothing. I even awoke to glance out my window at a swan floating by. The hotel's restaurant has excellent food and service. And a short stroll into town (through the park across the street or along the road lined with beautiful Victorian homes) will provide a nice opportunity to wander through some shops and/or enjoy a meal at one of the quaint restaurants.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jand4gals
rpack76, Owner at Smithfield Station, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

You nailed it! Smithfield is a charming town with as little or as much as you tend to make it. We are definitely a place to unwind for a weekend. Thanks for the great description of our tranquil town. Hope to see you again!

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Great place for a getaway weekend. Room was great with a fireplace and balcony overlooking the marina. The only slight negative is that the rooms are dark and need more light. The lamps were 3 way lights, but only had single watt bulbs. When I asked for some 3 way bulbs I was told that they didn't have any. Over all, the staff was excellent and very accommodating (except for the lack of light bulbs.)
The Sunday brunch was terrific.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
rpack76, Owner at Smithfield Station, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Thanks for the review and the constructive criticism! A dim room is a relatively easy fix we can certainly take a look at. I am happy to hear that the service was excellent and you enjoyed our award winning Sunday breakfast as well. We do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Whether traveling by boat or car, Smithfield Station is the place to be in Smithfield. This is our 2nd stay @ Smithfield Station and it was just as good as the first. This time we stayed in a double room with a balcony overlooking the Pagan River. The balcony had nice relaxing chairs on it and the view of the boats in the marina was nice. The beds were extremely comfortable and the room was very clean. We'll stay here again, I'm sure!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 201, it's a corner room so your balcony is bigger than the others & more private!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
rpack76, Owner at Smithfield Station, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Great tip on Room 201! Room 209 is the same, but on the other end and has a King bed as well. Both of these rooms were just remodeled and are superb. Thanks for the kind words and most certainly for the return visit! We are offering some great winter specials right now as well if you feel the need to get out of town for a quick weekend just give us a call!