“MUST VISIT IN S/E VA.”

Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We reserved a table for the famous Smithfield Inn brunch and had a GRAND visit. The phone calls to reserve our place were answered by friendly staff members in an age were most peope do not know how to use a phone... We were greeted with kindness and given our choice of seating by a friendly smile. Everyone here was polite and good humored. Our server, Sara, could not have been better. Attentive-fun-and knowledgable she and the hostess (whose name I cannot remember) made us so relaxed we did not want to leave... And the food was BRILLIANT... You must visit here when visiting ...

Reviewed May 27, 2012

The food was fantastic. Our waiter was a bit pretentious, but the food was worth sitting through his boasting.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

We REALLY enjoyed our lunch at the Inn for Mother's Day... between my wife,my daughter and I we consumed the following items:
Smithfield ham, fried green tomatoes, home made pickles, champagne peace soup, she crab soup, beef short ribs with mushroom bread cake, lobster cake, cheese fried grits, spiral ham, hummingbird cake..whew. GREAT food.
One negative, however - it took them three tries to get my bill right. First time the bill was for 40 dollars more than I though: turned out to be the bill for the table next to us. Next bill: 20 dollars much - added two desserts we didn't order. Third time they got it right. I feel they should have taken the dessert off the bill but they didn't bother to.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

We had a Tuesday dinner, which meant the menu was limited to the Tavern menu, but a very good meal nonetheless.
I had a crabcake, which was outstanding. More like a scoop of crab. My wife raves about the fried green tomatoes. Some of the best she's had.
It would be fun to be there and experience the whole menu, but we weren't disappointed.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

My husband and I spent the weekend in Smithfield 4/20-4/22/12. We ate at Smithfield Inn on Friday and had a wonderful meal. We enjoy the food and place so much that we went back for Sunday Brunch. I am not sure that you could go wrong ordering anything off their menu. Everything that we had was amazing!

Been to Smithfield Inn? Share your experiences!