“Nice dinning spot”

The Restaurant at Smithfield Station
Reserve with OpenTable
The Restaurant at Smithfield Station is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 37 Restaurants in Smithfield
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The award-winning Restaurant at Smithfield Station is open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner and offers a variety of fine cuisine. Renowned for an extensive menu that places an emphasis on Fresh Local Seafood that combines the flair of legendary Smithfield Ham into many of their dishes. Beautiful Water Views, Reservations Recommended.The Smithfield Station IBX Bar & Grill is also located next door and offers the same great view, but with a more casual setting and great bar specials.
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Plenty of room, they have outside and inside seating. Large menu, good salad and appetizers, full bar. Local and tourist people enjoying the evening.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

My wife, Sandra, said she had some of the yummiest scallops ever! Thanks!! My cousin, Patsy, had an amazingly yummy salad!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is in a beautiful area, sitting on the water, so the scenery and the good food are well worth the visit. The Sunday Brunch is excellent... They make your omletes right in front of you to your own order. Very good oysters rockafella, yum, yum !!!!

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Sad to post this review after so many years of great service and food from Smithfield Station, but after a couple of less that satisfactory experiences, I have to say the restaurant has become a disappointment. My family has been coming to this restaurant for 20 years. We have celebrated many birthdays, holidays, etc and always been very pleased with the food and service. I do not know if the restaurant is now under new management or what, but our last few visits were not up to standard, and this visit was abysmal. The server and food practically ruined my sister-in-laws birthday celebration. Food was forgotten, took almost an hour to arrive, was served cold, and was not all that great. We were forgotten in a corner most of the time, and always waiting for someone--anyone --to come over and refill our drinks, take away dishes, bring napkins, etc. The server even ruined the surprise of the birthday cake--he totally forgot that we had this prearranged and brought the check without bringing the cake out from the kitchen! Then when we reminded him that we were not quite ready "wink wink", he says "oh yeah you want the cake". Oh brother - I think that he just wanted us to leave. They did remove one entree from the check, but the check was still 150$. We were all so disappointed, and I felt bad for my brother who had planned such a nice evening for his wife. In time, I will give Smithfield Station another try, hopefully they will get a handle on things and return to the wonderful restaurant that my family has always loved.

2  Thank DixieSherri
Reviewed July 20, 2014

This is a beautiful place to sit and enjoy the water. The server was excellent, but the table we were taken to was right next to the coffee pots and servers station so it was noisy and just not pleasant. We asked to be moved, but they said they could not reseat us, even though there were several tables empty and it was early Friday night.

The food did not match up to the views, it was just ok, nothing special, and did not go to this beautiful establishment for average.

They say to do the Sunday Buffet, so maybe next time we will do Sunday mornings rather than Friday nights.

1  Thank Susan R