“This place has the potential to be fantastic. They need better food...the price you pay for the food is not equal to the qualit”

The Restaurant at Smithfield Station
Reserve with OpenTable
The Restaurant at Smithfield Station is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 37 Restaurants in Smithfield
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The award-winning Restaurant at Smithfield Station is open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner and offers a variety of fine cuisine. Renowned for an extensive menu that places an emphasis on Fresh Local Seafood that combines the flair of legendary Smithfield Ham into many of their dishes. Beautiful Water Views, Reservations Recommended.The Smithfield Station IBX Bar & Grill is also located next door and offers the same great view, but with a more casual setting and great bar specials.
Reviewed November 21, 2013

The quality of food is average. I don't mind paying for really well prepared food. The wait staff and the atmosphere is so much better than the food

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Went with large group and we were told of the specials for the day. I was interested in the soft shell crab special and learned there was a limited number available. I was asked if I wanted the sandwich or the dinner and opted for the dinner to avoid the extra carbs of the bun. It was an okay meal but not worth the price of 20something dollars. My total including tax/tip was climbing toward $30 so I was flabbergasted---to put it mildly. . . I had only tap water and no appetizer or dessert. If this meal had been over the top I would not have been so upset about the cost. The price was not stated by the server and I neglected to ask so I, hopefully, will not forget that next time. I should have opted for the sandwich and not eaten the bun. You live and learn. . .

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Brian P, Owner at The Restaurant at Smithfield Station, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Amelia,

Thank you for the review. I have to admit that this is the first time I have ever had anyone dislike our soft crabs. I personally pick them up daily at the docks off the Chuckatuck Creek to insure I am getting the very best product available. I do my best to price them at industry standard in Hampton Roads at $22 for two with two sides. I normally am a few dollars less expensive than my competitors.

The Smithfield Station is our family business and I will share this review with my staff to make sure we are living up to our good name and brain storm on how we can further improve ourselves and our product. Thank you for taking the time to point out there was a problem and I welcome any suggestions you may have to help us improve further.

Thanks again,

Brian Pack and the Pack Family

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I should have written this before now. I went with my husband on a business trip during the week of September 16, 2013. We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Suffolk, VA and decided to venture out to a nice place to eat. Someone told us about this restaurant and after looking it up online and seeing the beautiful pictures and the mouthwatering menu, we decided to make the drive over there. We were very disappointed in the quality of food for the price. Our bill was right at $100 for the two of us. We both wished we had saved our time and money by eating either at the hotel (which was delicious) or some place closer by. It definitely wasn't worth an hour of drive time (round trip) or the cost. The service was nothing to brag about either. Maybe it was just an off day for them, but I would not recommend this place, and will certainly not go back.

1  Thank RachelG509

Dear Rachael,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of mine and my families business. I would love to talk with you further regarding your experience here if you could please reach out to me. I would like to hear some specifics of your evening and hopefully be able to improve from there.

Brian Pack
757-357-7700
brian.pack@smithfieldstation.com

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I have always loved the views of this place so my favorite time to eat is the Sunday morning breakfast. The bacon is perfect, the omelettes are just as I like them and there is always a fresh assortment of other goodies to try.
For dinner the sweet potato encrusted rockfish is a reall keeper. You also must try the Dardens pimento cheese. The service never disappoints also.

Dear bonvivant23430,

Thank you for the great review Mike. It is always nice hearing praise from someone who has spent a lifetime learning the product!

Thanks again,

Brian Pack and the Pack Family

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Best food in Smithfield, but that's not saying much. Smithfield is mostly fast-food and Sysco warmed up.

The best meal at the Smithfield Station is the Breakfast Buffet, everything else is pretty much ordinary and over priced.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Brian P, Owner at The Restaurant at Smithfield Station, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Reallandrol,

I would love to hear from you on how myself and our entire town could improve our businesses.

I am happy to hear you enjoy our brunch.

If you have any ideas that may be helful please reach out to me at 757-357-7700 and ask for Brian. Thank you for your review.