“Disappointed” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Restaurant at Smithfield Station

The Restaurant at Smithfield Station
Reserve with OpenTable
The Restaurant at Smithfield Station is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 35 Restaurants in Smithfield
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The award-winning Restaurant at Smithfield Station is open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner and offers a variety of fine cuisine. Renowned for an extensive menu that places an emphasis on Fresh Local Seafood that combines the flair of legendary Smithfield Ham into many of their dishes. Beautiful Water Views, Reservations Recommended.The Smithfield Station IBX Bar & Grill is also located next door and offers the same great view, but with a more casual setting and great bar specials.
Lake Wylie, South Carolina
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

I should have written this before now. I went with my husband on a business trip during the week of September 16, 2013. We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Suffolk, VA and decided to venture out to a nice place to eat. Someone told us about this restaurant and after looking it up online and seeing the beautiful pictures and the mouthwatering menu, we decided to make the drive over there. We were very disappointed in the quality of food for the price. Our bill was right at $100 for the two of us. We both wished we had saved our time and money by eating either at the hotel (which was delicious) or some place closer by. It definitely wasn't worth an hour of drive time (round trip) or the cost. The service was nothing to brag about either. Maybe it was just an off day for them, but I would not recommend this place, and will certainly not go back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Brian P, Owner at The Restaurant at Smithfield Station, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Rachael,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of mine and my families business. I would love to talk with you further regarding your experience here if you could please reach out to me. I would like to hear some specifics of your evening and hopefully be able to improve from there.

Brian Pack
757-357-7700
brian.pack@smithfieldstation.com

Smithfield, Virginia
“Beautiful restaurant and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

I have always loved the views of this place so my favorite time to eat is the Sunday morning breakfast. The bacon is perfect, the omelettes are just as I like them and there is always a fresh assortment of other goodies to try.
For dinner the sweet potato encrusted rockfish is a reall keeper. You also must try the Dardens pimento cheese. The service never disappoints also.

• Visited October 2013
Dear bonvivant23430,

Thank you for the great review Mike. It is always nice hearing praise from someone who has spent a lifetime learning the product!

Smithfield, Virginia
“Best food in Smithfield”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

Best food in Smithfield, but that's not saying much. Smithfield is mostly fast-food and Sysco warmed up.

The best meal at the Smithfield Station is the Breakfast Buffet, everything else is pretty much ordinary and over priced.

• Visited July 2013
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Brian P, Owner at The Restaurant at Smithfield Station, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Reallandrol,

I would love to hear from you on how myself and our entire town could improve our businesses.

I am happy to hear you enjoy our brunch.

If you have any ideas that may be helful please reach out to me at 757-357-7700 and ask for Brian. Thank you for your review.
Smithfield, Virginia
“class reunion planning committee luncheon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

This was not our first vist. We like having lunch at the station. The view is good our waiter was good and very friendly as well as helpful in answering our questions. Most of all, the food was very good and well prepared. We will be back. As a matter of fact we are thinking about having our reunion at the station. It would certianly serve our purpose since we have a small group.

• Visited November 2013

Dear Bea,

Thanks you for such a wonderful review. We all enjoy having you here and seeing what a special class you all have.

Windsor, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ron's Pork Chops”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

Your restaurant is my favorite. I have always had a great meal.
The only problem is my favorite meal is Ron' s pork Chops.
The last few time I went there, you didn't have the Chops.
That made me very dissapointed. I have'nt been back for a while.
Ed
mish255@charter.net

• Visited August 2013

1 Thank EDWARD M
Dear Edward,

Thanks for the review and the five stars. Not to worry- the Pop's Chops will be making a comeback to the menu on the 1st of March. It is a great product and I make sure to "test them out" at least once a week.