“Service was very slow, and food undercooked.”

The Restaurant at Smithfield Station
Reserve with OpenTable
The Restaurant at Smithfield Station is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 41 Restaurants in Smithfield
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The award-winning Restaurant at Smithfield Station is open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner and offers a variety of fine cuisine. Renowned for an extensive menu that places an emphasis on Fresh Local Seafood that combines the flair of legendary Smithfield Ham into many of their dishes. Beautiful Water Views, Reservations Recommended.The Smithfield Station IBX Bar & Grill is also located next door and offers the same great view, but with a more casual setting and great bar specials.
Reviewed January 19, 2013

What a waste of money and time. It took 30 min. to get our food, and when when served was undercooked. Would not recommend.

Brian P, Owner at The Restaurant at Smithfield Station, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear Buffy3672,

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment. I would love to talk to you more in detail regarding this occurance. The Station is a family owned and operated business. I get very few guest that leave here unhappy and I would love the opportunity to win your business back. I can be reached at 757-357-7700. Thank you.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We visited Smithfield in early November with our children who live in Richmond. The town is fun and interesting, and the restaurant at The Station made the visit perfect. The service was effecient and timely. The food was good, and the view can't be beat. I took our little grandson down onto the dock while we were waiting for lunch.
Overall, a great lunch experience!

Thank you for such a great review. I will happily share your comments with our staff and look forward to seeing you and your family again.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

The food was excellent from the appetizers to the meal and the view cannot be beat. There's glass all the way around 3 walls of the restaurant overlooking the marina. The hushpuppies are a must when you eat there!

Dear Beachgoer,

I am happy to hear you love the place! I will keep those homemade hush puppies coming your way and I look forward to your return.

Thanks again,

Reviewed December 11, 2012

My girlfriend and I stopped in here for a appetizer lunch and we had the Oyster Rockefeller, Boom Boom Shrimp (very tasty) and there home made hush puppies of jalapenos and cheese, everything was very good and had a table next to the marina with a nice view. Very clean, friendly place and then we walked the shops downtown, such a cute town with the neatest shops! Be sure to stop by!

Dear Michelle,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice review of our business. Comments like your keep us working hard! Make sure you say hello next time your are in. Thanks again.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The food were great but I was just overwhelmed by how nice everyone was. The restaurant was clean and decorated for Christmas. We loved it.

Thanks for the comments on our food and staff. We are so lucky to be able to interact with lots of happy faces around here. My family and myself never would have thought that owning a business as ours would be such a rewarding experience.
Thanks again,