“Extremely disappointed!”

The Restaurant at Smithfield Station
Reserve with OpenTable
The Restaurant at Smithfield Station is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 37 Restaurants in Smithfield
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The award-winning Restaurant at Smithfield Station is open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner and offers a variety of fine cuisine. Renowned for an extensive menu that places an emphasis on Fresh Local Seafood that combines the flair of legendary Smithfield Ham into many of their dishes. Beautiful Water Views, Reservations Recommended.The Smithfield Station IBX Bar & Grill is also located next door and offers the same great view, but with a more casual setting and great bar specials.
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had dinner outside and the bugs were terrible. We started with oyster rockefeller and the smithfield ham croquettes. The oysters were okay at best, the ham croquettes were very nasty. We both took one bite and were done. The waitress asked us if we liked them, we told her we didn't care for them at all so they took them off of our tab. We both for dinner ordered the seafood platter for dinner, broiled. Both of us right away commented on the fact that our food was cold. The portions were very small considering the price of the dish, and the food was very bland. I definatley wouldn't recommend dinning here. The only good thing we can honestly say was that our waitress was really sweet.

Brian P, Owner at The Restaurant at Smithfield Station, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dawn,
I am sorry to hear of your most recent experience here at the station. Out of every weekend I have been seating the deck this year, this was the one that the gnats came out! I agree. As to the other issues you experienced I will make sure I bring them up to my staff and make the neccessary improvements for Smithfield Station to live up to our repoutation and our price point.
If you come back in the future please reach out to me. I would love the opportunity to show you how we normally do business.

Brian Pack
Smithfield Station

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We saved our groupon dinner package for the last night. The Lobster was wonderful as were the Soft Shell Crabs! Good drinks and the total evening was excellant. Another repeat!

Brian P, Owner at The Restaurant at Smithfield Station, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Ralph,

Thanks taking the time to leave such nice feedback about the Station! We look forward to hearing more from you in the future. Thanks again. Brian Pack

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This restaurant is very good and sometimes has specials in the winter. We eat there and are very happy with the menu. Sundays are brunches that are very good with a chef that prepares eggs etc for you. Lunches at the bar are good price and burgers are great! Right on the pagan river wilth a marina. Inside is all cedar and windows overlooking the river. Love this place and shops there also.

Thanks for the great review. Its always nice to hear positive feed back from the locals! Look for all new winter specials starting Jan 1 and I wanted to mention we do $5 cheese burgers in the lounge area every Monday night. Hope to see you again soon. Brian

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Happy hour food was very good. Chicken wings and fried shrimp. Lunch was wonderful as well. The only complain would be the price of a coke. $2.50 for a small to go cup.

Brian P, Owner at The Restaurant at Smithfield Station, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to leave some nice feed back for the Station. Our happy hour specials have been a really hit for our guests and we will continue to keep it up. We apreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you again soon. Ask for me so I can give you a refill on that Coke! Thanks again. Brian Pack

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed overnight at the Station and dined in their restaurant - both of which were great experiences. There are intriguing little shops as well

Brian P, Owner at The Restaurant at Smithfield Station, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Cecile,

Thanks for the great review. We work hard as a family to keep our business up to our standards and reviews such as yours makes it all worth while. I will pass this along to our shop owners as well.

Thanks again.